Hypermax Intercooler Is Here

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I just signed for a box thats 20x20x40 inches and it weighs 50 lbs. I had no idea the Hypermax intercooler and parts would come in a box that big and heavy. Now I know why the shipping charge was $50.00....:eek: I don't even want to open it up just yet... Kinda tired right now... Mostly just lazy I guess but... It will be installed soon... Soon being a most important word open for interperation.:D I'm hoping the intake hat is going to closely match up to my Banks sidewinder. I realize the turbo cold pressure side will probably need to be reclocked so thats looking to be some trouble. I really don't want to take the turbo off the motor but I will if need be. This box is way too big to hide it from the wife.. She has no idea I bought it or what I paid for it... But if she asks I'll just tell her it was a chance of a lifetime... A price I couldn't pass up... And what I owe the state and feds can just wait till later... First things first....:backoff

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was ready to drop the hammer on one of those myself, but an email to Hypermax confirmed that their kit will NOT fit non-AC wide rad early model IDI's. :( I can buy the hat and plumbing for about half the price of the whole kit, but I think I can re-use the regular hat and do my own plumbing for much less.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
They can be reclocked on the truck, even the older non gated ones, but yes it's a PITA to do it on the truck tho.
Congrats!:thumbsup:

If ya need a place to hide it, there's room under Goldies hood.:D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can buy the hat and plumbing for about half the price of the whole kit, but I think I can re-use the regular hat and do my own plumbing for much less.

you can bet on that part.;Sweet;Sweet

jw2644

Reaction score
Let me know how the install goes. I've been thinking about putting one in myself

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Oh yeah... Its going to be installed before the ralley. I'm going to a horse show tomorrow for the rest of the week so the install wont be happening till later but... It will be in... Thats just a promise I made to myself... Now my only real question is which hypermax intercooler should I install... The first one I bought or the second one I bought.....:D I know... Its not right to crow like that... Just kinda funny having 2 of the same thing so many others would kill for but... I buy them off Ebay and everybody has the same chance that I have... This newest intercooler was $450.00 and nobody else bid on it. I only bid a max of $468.00 because I already had one.....:dunno:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140311326513
This is what I won and it was on Ebay for several days. Someone else bought the turbo kit the seller had and as you can see I was the only bidder. I got it for the listing price and my highest amount I bid was $468.00... Sometimes your the bug... And sometimes your the windshield... Been both many-o-times... Plenty of hard luck stories I can tell as several mambers can attest too....:rotflmao I can always laugh at them now cause they are way behind me but they were plenty tuff when they were happening....

zpd307

Reaction score
i check now and again, but have never seen anything. so i dont really check that often now.oh well.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score