How many lift pumps have you gone through?

MUDDY

Reaction score
haz-mat19 said:
I put in a f/p gauge today, I think the first one is dead, 7-8 at idle 1 at wot. Now I have to talk with the dealer, they told me that it is not covered under warrenty.:backoff . Wish me luck.

liftpump under wrrnty till 100,000 miles. good luck at the stealership. 168 bucks at cummins if they try to pluke ya

140 for a 4601hp to stick on the frame from napa

Last edited:

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked with the dealer yesterday and told him to look at the computer before he told me it wasn't covered, Suprise it is covered. I am going on tuesday to get it looked at. Thanks for the info.

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update had the lift pump replaced free about a week ago. Now I am waiting for the injector pump to go next -cuss,But I have 20k left on the warrenty :D . See ya.

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new solution to my lift pump woes. I have another pump crapping out on me and I am gonna throw a cam with the 12V lobe on it. Then, I'll add a secret squirrel 12V mechanical pump and throw my fuel pressure gauge in the crapper.

Hopefull the cam will add a little to the low end and get that turbo spooled just a fraction sooner.

Dave

GlennO

Reaction score
Mine is in the shop now, 48,414 miles, was droping down to 4# idle at 12.
Dodge is putting the new replacement lift pump in the tank.
They say that is the fix, same pump as is in the 05's.
Guess I will know this afternoon.
:)

MUDDY

Reaction score
dunno glenn. pump in the tank. :( pita to chng when wrrnty over and from what i hear they pull down to nuthin at wot with only small bombs. id prefer the carter 4601hp on the frame rail

well,,,,,,,,,,,in tank should last longer than the 98.5 thru 02 lp in stock location

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pump is on the block where it belogs. And it's driven by the cam! :thumbsup:

I should have pressure readings tonight.

Dave

MUDDY

Reaction score
Fishin2Deep4U said:
My pump is on the block where it belogs. And it's driven by the cam! :thumbsup:

I should have pressure readings tonight.

Dave

way to go. that really is THE way to do it :)

GlennO

Reaction score
I just got my truck out of the shop.
They put the Dodge upgrade fuel pump in my tank.
Said when they ordered a new pump, thats what dodge sent them and wants them to put it in, its the same pump out of the 05, what the guy told me.
But Dodge paid for everything, at idle I got about 11#, get on it and it drops to 4 or 5 #, guess well see how it works.

MUDDY

Reaction score
crap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ya trade a pump that had 12# at idle and 4# wot for a pump that has 11# idle and 4# wot. :( nice of dc to pay for it. hope it doesnt get any lower. was this with ez on or off.

GlennO

Reaction score
EZ was on.
Guy said shouldn't have any problems as long as you have pressure on your filter canster.
So if it don't last, he will be doing something else I guess.
Thats Dodge's fix, they will not put the 44 or what ever on, its this in the tank pump.

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have an '03 dually. went to my second one at 41,000 and press has dropped from 12 when new to about 10.5-11 now (83,000 mi)

BMF

Reaction score
My '01 went through 3 in 70,000 miles and I think it was going out again when I traded it in. I'm friends with the tech at the dealership and he'd check the fuel pressure every other oil change for me and replace if needed.