How many lift pumps have you gone through?

kirk

Reaction score
Replaced lift pump today. The old one was totally dead. O pressure. The injector pump actually sucked in air as if under vacuum when the pressure fitting was actuated on both the before filter side and at injector pump. Is this possible. The truck has been running rough only at high rpms for probably 15 to 20,000 miles. Can it run on injector pump only for that long? It has 90,000 miles. It runs great now. Smooth all the way up through the rpm's.

How long now till my injector pump craps out from that excees stress it went through?

MUDDY

Reaction score
inj pump may last a while but may not. may show symtoms of cutting out b4 goin t.u. but some show no signs. one guy has run a vp for over a year after goin a long time w/ no fp. another lasted a week.ya run a bad lp for a long time so bttr save your pennies. a bit more than 1000 bucks

after going thru 2 lp's and a vp44 in my 1st 24v i went a permanant fp guage in the cab

good luck

Timbeaux38

Beer Joint Superstar
Reaction score
Here is the funny thing- HVAC's old truck- the Red Rocket - Now owned by Hoss- is arguably the 1st BOMBed 24v- it has been at over 700 hp for years now and is still on the original VP44 as far as I know.....

clong

Reaction score
158K miles. I need to replace it though, it is down to12 psi at idle and 5 psi at WOT. I have 275 injectors as the only mod.

jgendr

Reaction score
Only 1 at about 92k on the odometer. The Stealer replaced it under warrentee.

then I got smart and installed a Holly Blue on the frame rail by the fuel tank. No More fuel problems. :D

Joe G.

Whit

Reaction score
I plan to go to the FassII as soon as this pump shows weakness then I will :draw ...............serious though what ever pump you run get it down on the frame rail back by the tank and give it some bigger lines to work with :thumbsup:

Cheers, Kevin

94matt

Reaction score
Switching to the Fass II very soon.

I am on lp number three after this weekend. My first one lasted about 30,000 in stock location, then I moved it to the tank and got another 13,000 out of it. I replaced it with the universal version from carter, it looks like the same pump as stock but painted black. It died on me Monday afternoon with about 1500 miles on it, I put the original back on and limped into Douglas Wyoming to stay the night. I had to buy a new stock lp Tuesday morning, and have it modified to accept my hose fittings, and I was back on the road. 200 miles on this one so far.

I am going to order the Fass II tomorrow, and keep this new pump as a backup.

Matt

yogi_160

Reaction score
wow let's see first one was 80k stealer replaced next one was 140k next was 155k then put holley blue on frame by tank with both pump the factory last to 260k then i pulled it just run the holley lower pressure 9 to 11 but better mpg then holley went about 100k replaced it still runnin strong my advice cheap route go a holley on frame from there to feul filter then eliminate the bango's and rock on my experiance is you want volume not pressure to the vp44

Whit

Reaction score
Yogi, you are exactly right ..........its volumn you want not pressure, the deal is that it is expensive to measure flow and easy and cheep to measure pressure, thats why we keep track of our pumps thru pressure, now if ya wanna do it right then get ya a way to measure the flow, but let me warn ya it aint cheep, I used to have a website that offered something but musta lost it :confused:

Hohn

Reaction score
I'm still on my stocker original pump. 38K miles, 3 years.

18-19psi @idle
15psi cruise
12psi WOT

jlh

J.Keith

Reaction score
2nd Lp and 212,000 miles
I don't know when the first one quit but it killed the VP44 at 187,000
Now I watch it all the time and when this one goes down the FASS goes in.

Whit

Reaction score
Hohn, how the heck you gettin 18-19 on oem l/p that has a 15 psi built in by-pass...................you do some kinda mod we need to know bout LOL

RustyJC

Reaction score
Still on original LP at 25,800 miles.

16 PSIG @ idle.

14 PSIG @ 70 MPH cruise (towing 5th wheel)

11 PSIG @ WOT (EZ & DD2s).

Rusty

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in a f/p gauge today, I think the first one is dead, 7-8 at idle 1 at wot. Now I have to talk with the dealer, they told me that it is not covered under warrenty.:backoff . Wish me luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online