How many lift pumps have you gone through?

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on # 4. That's 3 replaced units. I just clicked 40K mile on my '02.

I just got another new one installed today. Hope this one holds up better. At least I am getting 14PSI @idle on this unit.

Dealer could not reproduce my pressure flucations, but accepted my numbers at face value and did the work. It's nice when something works out.

Looks like I need to figure out my relocation stuff.

Dave

Dodgeman101

Sled ******
Reaction score
I have 113K and am on my 3rd one, 1st one totally dead at 60k then at 98k I had it replaced due to very low readings at idle and NO pressure above idle and almost out of warrenty. The current one has 15k on it and still keeps up with good sized injectors at wot 10psi. I have another under seat for spare but I will do some thing different the next time it pukes.

Dodgeman101

B

Big K

On the second one now, and it's not much better than the first. Have a new one and extension harness here and waiting for me to get around to relocation. Too many projects.

MUDDY

Reaction score
98.5 went thru 2 in 6o,ooo.02 had a weak lp rite frm start,,need replacmnt at 5,ooo. relocation is wise. i like whitmores idea

Whit

Reaction score
Original went out at 24k, redid everything and still good at 58k, most I can pull it down at wot is 12-12.5 psi now

Cheers, Kevin

B

Big K

Originally posted by NAIL BENDER
85000, first went out around 75000, on the second pump and pressures are fine.

On the third pump. I had to replace one before the truck became yours. But then, you knew that. :confused:

Fish On

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd in 52000 miles..........15psi at idle 7psi WOT. I check it on the first of every month.

DSteinel

Reaction score
I lost 3 in 50k, got one replaced under warrenty, paid for one myself, and put a FASS system on the last time. Dean

WSP Pirate

Reaction score
I just installed my first replacement pump at 32,400 this last weekend. At the same time I installed a Wildcat Max Flow kit,

Idle : 15.5 psi
Freeway : 13 psi
WOT : 11.5 psi

Working with the stainless braided line SUCKS !

Jeff

B

Big K

Originally posted by WSP Pirate
I just installed my first replacement pump at 32,400 this last weekend. At the same time I installed a Wildcat Max Flow kit.

Did you check your banjo bolts for burrs? I could not say this on DTR, but damned if I can't here! :fan:

Working with the stainless braided line SUCKS !
Jeff

No, it does not. Just takes a bit of practice. We're always happy to help if'n you're in the 'hood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7