How did you guys rotate your turbos for intercooler installation?

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install the water to air intercooler setup i've been working on this weekend along with the bull moose pump and misters plus remove the factory fuel filter. What is the best way to go about rotating the factory turbo to get the discharge to face upward? i see there are 4 bolts at the actual bearing or there are i think 6 or 8 bolts around where the waste gate actuator attaches. I am thinking i need to loosen the 4 bolts to rotate it and remove the 2 bolts that hold the waste gate actuator and move to the next available bolt set. Is that correct?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do not remove the 4 little bolts. The compressor housing needs to rotate up one set of holes.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just remove the 6 or 8 bolts and slide it counter clockwise one set of bolts and bolt the waste gate back on? Is there a risk of it lining up offcentered and the compressor rubbing? Will i need to unbolt the pedastal and up pipe to get the intake hat off or will removing the bolts give me enough room to do that? Thanks for the quick response!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just loosen the 6 bolts till it turns, and yes anything is possible, with the rash of crap going on with these engines lately ,nothing surprises me. You dont need to touch the rest of the turbo.