How about stacks?

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to like stacks and wanted to put a single stack on my truck (with a rain-cap :D I always loved to see a truck or a boat at full throttle with the flap sticking up from the front of a stack)...however, over the last 5 years or so, it's really become the "diesel ricer" thing to do. So many punk kids with "Daddy-bought-it-but-I-got-it" lifted late-model pavement-princesses are running them while behaving a whole decade younger than they are (even though they just got their licenses)....

Frankly, for that reason, at this point stacks on a pickup truck have a negative connotation IMHO

Besides, if the wife ain't happy, then ain't nobody happy LOL ;Sweet

Just my $.02...

I see a few of those around here Tim. Spoiled little jerks! They end up wreckin them and daddy goes out and buys em another one.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have this itch that a stack would be great to have on my truck. My 8 year old says two stacks would be better and my wife says they would look gay......

Your Wife's taste is absolutely IMPECCIBLE!,;Sweet it must be she chose you!:love:LOL over all others.... I'd listen to her:sly

NUFF SAID!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a few of those around here Tim. Spoiled little jerks! They end up wreckin them and daddy goes out and buys em another one.
EXACTLY!!! I can't stand those types...and, even here in the land of fruits and nuts, there are more of them than you'd think. Annoys me to no end...

WhiskeyBottle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL...My wife says stacks on a pick-up looks so gay that little ****** balls would have to be installed all around the inside of the cab and paint the truck pink with little fairy's.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont care what any of you guys say, as long as the stacks are done well, they look good. what i have been planning to do to my truck is run some 5 inch stacks on it. its a 4 door dually with a topper, and im going to set the rear axle back 6 inches, then move the bed back 6 inches, put the stacks between the bed and cab, and put me a filler in between them to fill up that space (custom built fuel tank)

Black dawg

Reaction score
i dont care what any of you guys say, as long as the stacks are done well, they look good. what i have been planning to do to my truck is run some 5 inch stacks on it. its a 4 door dually with a topper, and im going to set the rear axle back 6 inches, then move the bed back 6 inches, put the stacks between the bed and cab, and put me a filler in between them to fill up that space (custom built fuel tank)

I was planning the same thing, only with a flatbed, and a fuel tank between the stacks

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree an honestly he KILLED A GREAT SOUNDING MOTOR sounds like doo doo now. Here is a guy who doesnt own a diesel but wanted Stacks lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmol26qMTxY&feature=related
An heres a comment from you tube
If he was living on my street he would only get to ride past my house once and I would stick him down that pipe head first and then rev the f**k out the bike .

Mads20061

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I am gonna put stacks on my CC DRW 4x4 I got recently. Its got a really ****** paint job on it and lotsa rust thats been painted over. Looks kinda mean, so I figured I would make my own custom 4" stacks and powder coat em flat black all at the same time as ripping out the factory exhaust and putting in the new 3" downpipe to 4" strait back...

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Stacks were nice before the current generation of diesel-ricers hit the scene. Unless you are grandfathered in (ie had stacks before this ricer to diesel-ricerification), I would say dont do them.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if...If....IF you need a stack for function....example...crossing deep, very deep water and don't wanna run an under chassis exhaust..(eg...a hummer....ugly as ***** with stack...but usable!)......all the power too ya...otherwise....they are as gay as fart cans on a ricer!

FORM.....must follow FUNCTION...unless yer a show piece trailer queen...

JM2CW

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
stacks are DIESEL RICE!!!!!! same as a big a$$ fart can on a ricer.

your wife is 100% correct and your 8 year old with be whining from the loud exhaust.