How about stacks?

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does the smoke puff limiter work?

Take a look at the Hypermax website, they make them for our pumps.

What you get is a new injection pump cover with a little round unit mounted to the back of it, some hose and I think some different size orfices that you can use to dial in your setup. The hose plugs onto the boost gauge port on the intake hat.
I think they run somewhere around 300 bucks.

Reaction score
Sounds like it somehow leans out the mixture a bit until the boost comes on. Now where's the fun in that? lol

Mike

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jake, you fogging for skeeters?
Pretty much LOL Fog out with white smoke till it warmed up. Then cruising down the road i have a constant black haze coming out of the stack as i struggle to do 50 MPH. It didn't take long before the exterior of the stack was black from the top to about 3/4 of the way down. Whats funny is the pump is untouched on the thing. I clipped the wire on it to detune it because i didn't like all the smoke. However after struggling to hit 40 mph i went and turned it back up to the original setting.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I too agree about the ricers ruining the stacks look. I used to like them before. One real downside to them no one has mentioned. A friend of mine used to have an 89,ex cab,f250 with stacks back in the looks good days. I bought a tool box from a guy who lived about 30 miles away so we used my friend's truck to haul it back. All the way back it sounded like it had a valve going out. My friend stopped twice on the way back just to get out and listen to the truck run. Of course it was fine, but it drove him NUTS!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Although it may not be the case in all states, California has a requirement on stacks (well, exhaust outlets). Gotta be below 18 inches or above 10 feet. Anywhere in between gets you a ticket.

IDI Diesel7.3

Ukrainian Power
Reaction score
I personally love the look of stacks on an OBS ford, I wouldn't have put anything else on my truck. Stacks definately have their place... 5-6" stacks look great, then there are the retards who put on 8....10" stacks that ruin it for people. But after spending 9 months building my truck frame up, dam rights I want it to stand out. ;SweetIf you consider that as a "look at me attitude" then thats your opinion. Its also not just a daily driver, I pull a 30 foot gooseneck and Cattle trailer frequently on the farm, but both are black so smoke has never been an issue.

I really do hate the "little black dots" n' soot that comes out also though as said on a previous page.

I put together a stack kit using Donaldson elbows from the local semi dealer and went with 2 chrome 5" x 36" mitre cuts.

You must be registered for see images attach

I would put the stacks! Unless its going to end up in a divorce situation LOL