How about stacks?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So according to some here, like Mobilemech, stacks are completely inappropriate to have on a pickup...did anyone ever mention that to Dodge with their Lil Red Express truck?? I say that if you dont like stacks then snicker to yourself all you want and dont put em on...for those who do like stacks, I say hell yeah, let the coal roll...
vegas39 asked for opinions, and people are expressing their honest opinions...nothing wrong with that ;Sweet

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only problem I see with them is soot getting on my stuff in the back of the truck. I have them and I like them. I figure if I spend any time worrying about what others think I'm just wasting brain space.

C.J.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pic. of the VW Caddy is awesome cus I'm gonna put a Cummins in one right after I win the lotto.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL!! Does that VW with the stack have a Peterbilt emblem on the grill??

I bet nobody knows that stacks on a class 8 truck are ALL optional. The basic exhaust is the same as 95% of the car haulers have, where it comes out behind the bunk and under the frame either pointing down or out the side...
Of course the VW has a Peterbilt emblem.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where stacks go on a pickup truck...
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice and loud too!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Kenny,

Unlike some of the haters here, I will say go with the stacks. They will look great with your 26 inch wheels with spinners, the picnic table spoiler on the tailgate, the Brahma bull stickers on the doors and colored lights in the wheel wells. Oh, yeah, and Lambo doors. Whoop whoop!

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I actually like stacks on most trucks, some people overdue them. But the new generation has ruined it for me, thats why I wouldnt do them now.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, do you have a picture of your truck. i think the biggest thing about stacks is what truck they are going on.

some trucks look good with stacks, others....not so good.

I dont have a pic of my truck, it's just a two wheel drive, regular cab. Two tone paint, blue top and bottom with silver down the middle. Extremely straight body and the paint is going to crap on the top and hood.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I thought a lot more around here would be crazy about them, looks like most dont care for em. I didnt think about the soot all over everything issue and I've got plenty of that pouring out of this thing.
So looks like the stack idea is out.
This time I will take my wifes advice.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have them for function, dump bed, exhaust ends in back of cab, no issues with hoist clearance, etc. or moving bed parts. I also haul a goose neck and it gets the smoke up and over it quite well! I've hauled several things and NEVER had a soot coating on them, of course, I don't "roll coal" either! I try to keep mine where it makes good power and not black out the sun! Personally, I think the larger stacks look stupid, especially when I know there is no way they are being utilized, but if that is what you like...I have a 4" crossover box with dual 3" stacks, they are chrome, but that's the way I got them, and they don't seem to be holding up bad (no rust!)

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where stacks go on a pickup truck...

Nice and loud too!
Only problem there is, then you're coating everything under your chassis behind the pipe exit point with soot. I learned this one the hard way...everything, and I mean EVERYTHING will get a coat, and in addition to making life miserable every time you have to work on anything down there, that soot is a bit acidic...

After installing my turbo, I didn't have an exhaust system and my exhaust exited at the downpipe for about 4 years. I've since come to regret it, and not just because of the noise.

Just food for thought...

Unlike some of the haters here, I will say go with the stacks. They will look great with your 26 inch wheels with spinners, the picnic table spoiler on the tailgate, the Brahma bull stickers on the doors and colored lights in the wheel wells. Oh, yeah, and Lambo doors. Whoop whoop!
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how does the smoke puff limiter work?
I think it works similar to the ALDA on a Mercedes injector pump...basically, it has a hose running to the intake so that, as boost builds up, air pressure goes through the hose and pushes down on a diaphragm that, in turn, increases fuel output. Essentially, it's the equivalent of having an IP that turns the fuel up when boost is present but leaves fuel output at lower levels (to keep from pouring unburnt fuel into the combustion chamber, resulting in smoke) when you don't have much or any boost.

It' really exists for emissions more than for power...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle