Horn replacment suggestions,...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I have the air horn setup and it is great but I still use my factry horn as well. One of mine is not working, so it is very wimpy,.. so I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a quality bolt in replacement horns? since my front end is still torn apart and they are easy to get to now is the time to do it.

Thanks!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The wife traded some old woman out of a early 80s Pontiac Lemans.

It had two horns on it that sounded like something off a SD-40-2 locomotive.:yell:

Needless to say, they somehow got swapped onto my truck, before the Lemans went on to better places.:D

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Darrin I would just go with factory horns. Maybe wire a third one in with a differant note and have a chord. JMHO

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
loud and *****, I mean loud horns.

I would go get some off a Mercedes, the ones on the kids car are damn loud, Picked me up some at the local U-pullit last week, 6 bucks ,gotta love it.;Sweet

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one of those 'ocean liner blasthorns' from JC Whitney a couple years ago. When you hit that horn, people will jump outta their skin.

It's a cheap horn too, about 45 bucks and it's huge.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my buddy had a 99 ****** station wagon and it had 2 horns in it ....sounded awsome...and loud as hell... definately the way to go....

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Great suggestions,...I got a gift certificate for JC Whitney for Christmas so I have been looking at there selection. They have a couple of 125db to 130db replacment horns that look pretty good. Stock is around 115db

I think what I want to do is find some horns of of a late 80's Buick or Cadillac. They had a 4 note confiuration A, C, D, and F. It sounded great! I can bolt 2 of them in the stock location on the drivers side, and the other 2 can go on the passenger side.

Now I just have to find them,... Anyone got these,..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk