Replacement vacuum motors

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of this writing, my vacuum motors all seem to be working fine. Back in the days when I was young and spry, I was a boy sprout and learned to appreciate the value of being prepared. I searched rock auto, LMC and a few other sites, but other than going to a salvage yard and finding equally antique vacuum motors, it seems brand new identical replacements are not available.
I presume that the most important features would be the stroke length of the actuator arm and how many inches of mercury the vacuum motor is rated for. I'm certain I would have to fabricate some means of mounting each vacuum motor. Has anyone had to replace these and if so, which vacuum motors did you use?

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
As of this writing, my vacuum motors all seem to be working fine. Back in the days when I was young and spry, I was a boy sprout and learned to appreciate the value of being prepared. I searched rock auto, LMC and a few other sites, but other than going to a salvage yard and finding equally antique vacuum motors, it seems brand new identical replacements are not available.
I presume that the most important features would be the stroke length of the actuator arm and how many inches of mercury the vacuum motor is rated for. I'm certain I would have to fabricate some means of mounting each vacuum motor. Has anyone had to replace these and if so, which vacuum motors did you use?
i used a PSD pump for a couple years before i delete the whole vacuum system.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used a PSD pump for a couple years before i delete the whole vacuum system.
My vacuum pump is still working fine also, it's the vacuum motors for the ac that I'm concerned with. Not that I have the ac up and running yet, but I do have all the parts sitting on the bench, mocking me.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vacuum pump is still working fine also, it's the vacuum motors for the ac that I'm concerned with. Not that I have the ac up and running yet, but I do have all the parts sitting on the bench, mocking me.
Truthfully with all of the trucks that I have and have had, I can only remember 1 actuator failure. Most times it is the vacuum lines and the selector switch that fail. Or the notorious broken blend door.

James

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truthfully with all of the trucks that I have and have had, I can only remember 1 actuator failure. Most times it is the vacuum lines and the selector switch that fail. Or the notorious broken blend door.
That's good to hear, then hopefully I won't be the trailblazer. I'm not certain when vacuum controls were abandoned for electrical versions, but I would imagine there's other vehicles out there that one could still buy vacuum motors for. Maybe.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. I'm not certain when vacuum controls were abandoned for electrical versions,
I'm not sure on that. I can say for sure that they were still used up to the early 03 superduty, after that I really don't know.

James

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My LMC (2023 Vol. #4) lists 3 HVAC vacuum motors (part #'s 44-1803, 44-1806, & 44-1808) $109.95 & $124.95 depending on type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online