Help save me from myself!!!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Applied for a loan for another truck today.Waiting to hear if I get approved.I was going to hit the BIN but some dummy bid it up to meet the reserve so no more BIN.The truck?Well,it is a International Cabover.Yea,a Big rig.I have been wanting to get my CDL for a while and I did a little figuring.5K for schoolin....or I can spend $1500 on a "Antique truck".Play around going to car shows(Gotta love Loop holes.No CDL required if registered antique!) learn to drive.Change the registration over for one year to full commercial.Go with a buddy of mine that has his CDL and take the test.Might cost me $3000 for truck and getting it up to DOT requirements(From what I see,just needs a couple tires and some lights fixed to pass.Kill 3 birds with one stone.Big farking truck,CDL,and finally get a cummins(250 Non Turbo!Can you say BARK!!!!!!Straight pipes a must till time to make DOT).Also,I can use the truck to haul my toys to shows and events in far off lands(Let me tell ya,Driving the deuce to Evansville this year was a LOOOOOOOONG trip at 60MPH). cookoo

OH,Specs on the truck now...250 Non turbo,13 speed double over,straight solid body(paint ok,faded but No cancer!First for me!),Decent tires.would rate the rears 40% fronts 60%.Gonna need fresh soon.Got that old dayton rims with 10.00x20 tires all around.Muffled for now!I will know if I get it this weekend....Muh ha ha ha.My neighbors will REALLY love this!Anyone here know what a straight piped 250 with a jake sounds like :Thumbs Up-Drool:peelout;burnout:rock::sly

Just in case you don't.Here are a few vids....couple ground shots and one inside the cab.....Turn up your speakers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsUsZ0k7Sp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1mtDblj_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuSlhISQV1w

Freight_Train

Reaction score
cookoo

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 10
  • truck3.jpg
    truck3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 9
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 7

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
You know Freight... you get that cabover...... you will have to loose the turnout on the stack and put a rain cap on there..... nothing like a rainflap at idle!!!! That IH Transtar COE is about the only COE that I like the looks of..... IH has always made nice looking stuff....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a transstar with a 250 non-turbo?
wow.....you're bravecookoo
i betcha you're going to be looking for bigger power real soon after driving that thing.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
a transstar with a 250 non-turbo?
wow.....you're bravecookoo
i betcha you're going to be looking for bigger power real soon after driving that thing.

Yeah that brings back some 12hr line hauling without earplug nightmares!!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that brings back some 12hr line hauling without earplug nightmares!!!
i think the military had the corner on the 250NA market.cookoocookoocookoo
years ago when I had zero competition on bidding on GM 6.2's over at the Oakland Army depot, the auctioneer was almost begging me to bid on lot of 250's the same size as the 6.2 lot I was interested in. the scrap price was right, but the manpower needed to clean out the lot was astronomical. I got an extra week for cleanout and comp'd on some of the manpower via a check from the auctioneer. It made it worth the work and I got some pretty cool longblock shipping containers to boot;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are all distractions from your real purpose in life. ;Really

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
There are all distractions from your real purpose in life. ;Really

E N T E R P R I S E.... Still sitting in the weeds - still rotting away....

I got an idea for ya and the enterprise - give her a job - plant flowers in the bed at least that way as it rots away it will have a purpose in life - it's better than having nothing to do.....

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
One thing about it, you WILL be the first one to the scene of the crash! :D

I got a truck you can get your CDL in that the examiner wont look at you crosseyed over too! ;)

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Nice look'n binder. 'Bout late 60'-early 70's model 4070A? Not sure when they stopped offering the N/A motors? Looks pretty solid. Put the ol drop back manifold in it and YeHawww, she'll be sounding GOOD!!!

Plenty of vids on Youtube of guys with 250's. I have some saved on my favorites.

Heck with 250hp.........you're MILES ahead of my 180hp. Be glad LOL!! You can drop a turbo on it and refuel it to a 262hp version. Watch the heat, don't want to burn it up though.

Buddy drove for many years, last truck was a mid 70's Transtar Eagle COE with the fancy paint and all.
This was just before he sold it off in early 90's. Wasn't really pretty, but had a nice BC400 in it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Yep.1972 model.Already tracked down a backdrop manifold for it.And a headlight panel since one is pretty buggered up.Just waiting till I know I get the truck.Got a picture of the correct backdrop to make sure the one I found is for a 250?He doesn't know what it came off of and I am kinda skeptical being it is a 2 peice manifold and the 855 is a tripple head engine.

Attachments

• IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3731.jpg
    IMG_3731.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3732.jpg
    IMG_3732.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3730.jpg
    IMG_3730.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
I'd be skeptical of that manifold. I'm thinking the back drop has a large box on the back half, though I've never seen one in person, I've seen pics.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Da**.Got out bid.was 1180 with 1 minute to go.Waiting 30 seconds,bid 1600.....got it...jumped 1350 with 10 to go then rolled up to 1625 last 5 seconds.I REALLY wanted that truck.Some beach!

Someone bid botted me.Damn bid bots.Wish Ebay would block those things make people have to bid themselves.

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Da**.Got it bid.was 1180 with 1 minute to go.Waiting 30 seconds,bid 1600.....got it...jumped 1350 with 10 to go then rolled up to 1625 last 5 seconds.I REALLY wanted that truck.Some beach!

You gotta learn how to do it right! Most, if not all, auctions are won in the last 15 seconds. I know people don't like it, but that's how it is. You are only driving up the price bidding any earlier. You just gotta decide what you want to pay, and roll the dice with about 10-20 seconds left. In reality, it sucks, on eBay, it's how you win auctions and save a bunch of money.