HE351VE Remote Mount Turbo

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I am not sure on the Dodge VGT, but I know the VGT in the 6.0 is really slick. It does help off the line, it does spool quickly, but once it get rolling, you can fell it open up, and really give you a kick in the a$$..... once it really lights (the computer keeps the fuel down until it really lights so it doesn't smoke)... it will put you back in the seat until you lift, or it hit the speed limiter @~ 98mph......

you really need to quite all the talk about the vgt turbos LOL. your killing me.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason I asked is because I know I heard you take that truck up to your hunting lease. Figures it doesn't needs branch or anything whacking it:eek:

wmoguy

Reaction score
I am not sure on the Dodge VGT, but I know the VGT in the 6.0 is really slick. It does help off the line, it does spool quickly, but once it get rolling, you can fell it open up, and really give you a kick in the a$$..... once it really lights (the computer keeps the fuel down until it really lights so it doesn't smoke)... it will put you back in the seat until you lift, or it hit the speed limiter @~ 98mph......

My Dad has a 2010 or 2011 (can't remember right now) Dodge that has this turbo. Same thing, instant spoolup and leaves you pressed in your seat the rest of the time. Granted I've got limitations in the HP dept, and max boost amt that Dad doesn't have with his pickup.

I'm hoping what I"ll be able to do is make about 1 psi at idle (just positive pressure always is all I want) and basically get instant spoolup. I'm going to be limiting myself to 15 psi since I'm still without studs.

I've got alot of time and money wrapped up in this project at this point. I hope it doesn't become a disaster! :puke:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
you really need to quite all the talk about the vgt turbos LOL. your killing me.

They whistle like you wouldn't believe also..... Mine is loud, with the factory 20 foot long factory exhaust (cat and muffler, exiting behind the right rear wheel. I would say his, with a couple foot long open exhaust, it would be unbelievable!!!!!!

wmoguy

Reaction score
The only reason I asked is because I know I heard you take that truck up to your hunting lease. Figures it doesn't needs branch or anything whacking it:eek:

Yea thats the wildest I get with it. Even then it's pretty mild logging road stuff. Deep snow is my only concern really. As for a branch or twig whacking it, not too worried. This thing is SOLID. It probably weighs close to 40lbs. It's a whole lotta steel!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
They whistle like you wouldn't believe also..... Mine is loud, with the factory 20 foot long factory exhaust (cat and muffler, exiting behind the right rear wheel. I would say his, with a couple foot long open exhaust, it would be unbelievable!!!!!!

Scott, do you realize the affect that the words you are typing are having on me?:angel::angel::D

wmoguy

Reaction score

Yep you've got the best year turbo on your X for the whistle factor. ;Sweet There's an F250 on my street that is an 03. Best darn turbo sound EVER! It sounds like a jet when it launches from the stop sign.

From what I've read, the Holset VGT's aren't as "whistly" as the PSD turbo, but I'm sure I"ll still get some sound out of her.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Yep you've got the best year turbo on your X for the whistle factor. ;Sweet There's an F250 on my street that is an 03. Best darn turbo sound EVER! It sounds like a jet when it launches from the stop sign.

From what I've read, the Holset VGT's aren't as "whistly" as the PSD turbo, but I'm sure I"ll still get some sound out of her.

you have no idea how pissed i would be if i did not get any whistle out of a set-up like that.LOL

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer but a) I'm a poor redneck and B) I'm hellbent on building a RM.I'm looking forward to your end result.....pedro's got me thinkin, yours is getting me ansy in the pantsy, like when I get that syrup in me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online