Got the sub in my truck workin

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I hope this isn't considered off topic :Sly but since it is in my IDI... I bought a new stereo last summer, replaced everything, but the sub never worked, so I decided to go through it yesterday before waranty runs out, thurns out it had a loose wire inside, the truck finally sounds right inside :thumbsup:

SIKPUP

Reaction score
What do you mean, off topic ? If my truck starts, runs and stops , the tunes are next ! How could this be off topic ? :rotflmao

SIKPUP :D

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
You wait till the truck runs to do the stereo cookoo a good stereo masks the strange noises from the underside ;Sweet :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diezel_Cowboy said:
I had to unhook one of mine because it was making a thunder noise when the stereo was not turned up.......any ideas what is making it do that?
You sure the sub isnt blown? Sounds like a tweaked voice coil or youre getting feedback..... bad ground or similar.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Diezel_Cowboy said:
I had to unhook one of mine because it was making a thunder noise when the stereo was not turned up.......any ideas what is making it do that?

could be a crappy ground, even if it's blown, it shouldn't be making that type of noise with the volume down.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Diezel_Cowboy said:

Check the connections - most all problems of this nature can be traced back to wiring problems either at the sub it's self or to the amp. I would be checking the "RCA" jack on the sub amp for that channel or the cross over. I'm not sure how many amps or signal processors your running but I would walk through them all that are concerning the signals going to the subwoofers in question.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
I hope this isn't considered off topic :Sly but since it is in my IDI... I bought a new stereo last summer, replaced everything, but the sub never worked, so I decided to go through it yesterday before waranty runs out, thurns out it had a loose wire inside, the truck finally sounds right inside :thumbsup:

Good tunes will always make the ride much nicer.

So tell us about your system - whatch runnin' (I'm an old audiophile and still have some of it in my blood).

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I kept it fairly simple, a Kenwood mp5028 head unit, it looks right at home in the dash and had the highest output of the major makers from the built in amp.

Front doors and boxes in the back house 6 1/2 and 6 3/4 respectivily Blaupunkt components, tweeters mounted at the lower front corner of the woofers in the front doors and to be mounted on the shoulder belt punchouts in the rear. they came from Crutchfield on clearance, plastic cones. I figured I'd try something different, nice sound and worth the $$$ on sale, but not sure I'd buy them again, I'll spend more time with the sub on and decide, the frequency range may just not be intended for a system without a sub. I used styrafoam cups behind the door speakers to keep the water out -cuss

A bazooka bt8200 sub sits behind the rear seat ;Sweet from recolection it is a single 8" cone with a built in 200w internal amp, I love the simplicity! I didn't want to need to build a box, this tube only impedes the last click on the seat slider, but even with the front seat all the way back I could fit 3 NBA players back there LOL it isn't a chebbie cookoo, hits nice 'n hard if I turn it up ;Sweet but I usually just use it for fill in.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Oh, almost forgot, I wired the sub so it only comes on with the key in the run position, that way listening to the stereo with the key in the accessory position won't drain the batteries as fast ;Sweet

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
A good place to find pretty decently priced stuff is Ebay. Travis helped me a while back choose some stuff, well... he gave me advice. I got a bandpass box and two 1000 watt 12 inch speakers and like a 300-500 watt amp I think. Pretty nice amp. I got all of it for under 200 bucks from what i remember. I have six 4x9 3 way speakers. Wanted to get the 4 way speakers, I like highs ;Sweet, but they didn't make them in 4x9 at the time and 4x9s is all would fit in my doors.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in my 94 i have a pioner super tuner 3 head deck,pioneer 760 watt amp,2 pioneer 10"500 watt subs,pioneer 220 wat 3 ways in the doors and pioneer 220 wat 4 ways in the rear corners,and a pioneer 6 disk changer and pioneer XM converter.this hits hard and rattles house windows.i killed 3 alternators in this truck

in the 95 i have a pioneer super tuner 3 head deck,kenwood 900 wat amp running 2 pioneer 500 watt 10" subs,220 watt pioner 3 ways in the doors,pioneer 220 watt 4 ways in the rear corners with akenwood 800 watt 4 channel amp running those,pioneer 6 disk changer and pioneer XM converter.this one hits harder and really rattles house windows,killed 1 alternatorin this truck

my 94 t-bird has the same setup as my 94 f450,this one sounds like crap but i think thats cuz the subs are in a bigger box in the trunk.killed one alternator in this car

both trucks and the t bird have a 1 farad capacitor with digital display.i get the capacitors at walmart for 75.00 each.i payed the big money for the rockford fosgate non display capacitor and it dont work worth a crap but the wally world specials work great!!

if you see him on here,SDD or TDS ask wreckaboy1 about the systems in my trucks. :D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Napa - ;Sweet The best sounding systems are the ones that are tuned to your what your ear likes.

Rich - ;Sweet Now you're at the level I was - do you compete with your system(s)? I did the midwestern circuit with IASCA before IASCA went all political - have talked to some guys that say USAC is pretty evenly biased these days but that was while ago that we got into the discussion so things might have changed there as well.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I've got an Alpine 9851, w/ Orion Hcca componants up front, and Pioneer 5X7's in the rear. Pushed by an Orion eXtream 800.4 (100++++WPC)

I'm looking for a good sub box that'll fit under the rear seat.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My system goes something like this.

Panasonic HU feeding an Orion 800.2 bridged for the two JL 12W6DVC wired in series at 4 ohms behind the rear seat and an Orion XTR400.4 for the Infinity 6.1's in the doors.

Rob, go to the lumber yard and get some 3/4" MDF and build your own box. You'll be both money and time ahead over searching for one to fit under the seat. Thats what I ended up doing for my JL's which I squeezed behind the rear seat.