Got the sub in my truck workin

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Yeah, Just finding the time is the problem. I've built decent boxes in the past. But that was before 2 kids, and self employment.

There's gotta be a design allready out there, that'll fit under a SCab rear seat?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
argve said:
Rich - ;Sweet Now you're at the level I was - do you compete with your system(s)? I did the midwestern circuit with IASCA before IASCA went all political - have talked to some guys that say USAC is pretty evenly biased these days but that was while ago that we got into the discussion so things might have changed there as well.

nope no competeing with it.thats not my cup of tea.stereo competition is for ricers,and i cant stand ricers.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Well, all I put in was a Pioneer SuperTuner DH-1700, I think. Factory speakers still in with Ford's premium sound which already has an amp in the system. Get's as loud as I can take it. I don't want anything getting in the way of the rear seat operation, plus I'd rather spend that extra cash on other mods or guns! ;Sweet Besides, "Honkytonk Bodonkadonk" sounds just fine in my truck tha way it is! My next purchase I think is a roof mount baseload antenna for my new Cobra 40 ch. SSB CB. Then maybe the exhaust finally. :rolleyes:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing something with the stereo in the Bronco. It needs some help, as it is just stock, although I replaced the door speakers with some decent units when I had those doors apart. What's the easiest way to upgrade a factory sound system? I'm not looking to blow my eardrums out, but it would be nice to hear all the music in that machine.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I've been thinking about doing something with the stereo in the Bronco. It needs some help, as it is just stock, although I replaced the door speakers with some decent units when I had those doors apart. What's the easiest way to upgrade a factory sound system? I'm not looking to blow my eardrums out, but it would be nice to hear all the music in that machine.

Easiest way is to pull the factory radio and put in a decent aftermarket CD player. With no external amplifier it shouldnt blow your eardrums out but the internal radio amplifier should make a lot better sound than the factory radio, that is if you have decent quality speakers. The new radio should give you a lot more sound adjustment/quality and CD capability.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
My truck has this.
JVC head unit KD-SX8250
Rear speakers- Kicker 57.2 seperates, mids mounted in the lower 1/4 panels, highs mounted above the rear window.
Front speakers- Kicker 57.2 seperates, mids mounted in the doors, highs are Pioneer TST-15 soft dome tweeters mounted in upper A pillar.
Front amp- Alpine MRT-T130
Rear Amp- Kenwood KAC-644
Sub Amp- Audiobahn A2002T
Sub- 10 Sony Xplod in a Q-Logic sealed box mounted behind the driver's seat.

Future plans include adding a 12 disc CD changer. Already have it, just need to install it.

Thats it. Had to look up the manuals to remember what I had.
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726