Going to miss the tech advice

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I could'nt pass this one up. I found and purchased a 2001 F-350 7.3 4X4 Crew cab dually for 5500. I posted a tech question about the truck on this site in the proper section about a week ago. No response.Never did a post sit in this section for more than a day. I just wanted you all to know you folks in the IDI section are awesome and you have helped me out a ton. I'm going to miss the advice. I've passed my 88' IDI down to my son with this web address so he has some guidance in his adventures with his new truck. Thanks again!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well good luck with the newer to you truck. That sounds like a slamming deal. Pics would be nice so we can all enjoy it too. Drop in anytime. Just because you drive "another truck" shouldn't keep you outside the forum.

pmelah

Reaction score
i agree with icafixall slam 1 from what ive see of these IDI people oce your i the family you ca ever leave eve if you get somethig ewer i got a broke letter its after L &before M so please fill i& the missig blaks lol

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old truck and new truck.

Attachments

• 100_3586.JPG
    100_3586.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_3587.JPG
    100_3587.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a very nice score. Dont be a stranger, well no stranger than normal anyway.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted a tech question about the truck on this site in the proper section about a week ago. No response......

That's cause all the PSD people are over here wishing they had an IDI! :rotflmao

Out of curiousity, what was the tech question? I have one of those silly computer trucks too.

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a vibration on the passenger side front. It comes and goes depending on road surface. If I hit a bump it starts but I can hit another and it stops. I'm thinking hub assembly. Also has movement at the end of shaft going into the hub (front to back/up and down)looks like an inner wheel bearing bad. What do you think?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on the newer model superdutys there was a technical service bulletin about that particular issue, I am not sure if it goes back to 99 or not.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a vibration on the passenger side front. It comes and goes depending on road surface. If I hit a bump it starts but I can hit another and it stops. I'm thinking hub assembly. Also has movement at the end of shaft going into the hub (front to back/up and down)looks like an inner wheel bearing bad. What do you think?
do your shocks first. it's cheaper.
if it's a cartridge type front bearing like they are on the 4x4's, those units are roughly $300/ea.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

When the unit bearing heads south you will get a rumble out of it. To check it. Jack up the wheel. Give it a spin. Another way to check for play is to grab it at the 3 and 9 oclock positions.If it moves in and out, it's toast.

sassyrel

Reaction score
When the unit bearing heads south you will get a rumble out of it. To check it. Jack up the wheel. Give it a spin. Another way to check for play is to grab it at the 3 and 9 oclock positions.If it moves in and out, it's toast.
you mean 12 o and 6 o positions????? :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online