Gauges....

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Okay... So i'm looking into getting some gauges for the truck..... It's going in next week for some paint ;Sweet :D ..... I would like to get a pyro gauge but there a pain in the a** to put in, no? Also, a boost would be in order I'm thinking...... Any suggestions on where and what kind to get? good luck or back luck with any particular brand? thanks ya'll, as always :hail

suv7734

Reaction score
I can't remember which turbo you have but most have a provision to install the pyro which makes it pretty easy. Just remove the plug, install the thermocouple, run the wiring, connect it and go. Where to mount the gauge is a matter of personal preference but there are dash mount pods and A-pillar pods available.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use electric gauges / less mess. With a '94 you can get pillar post mounts in a lot of choices.

Rick

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, I will say ISSPRO as well. I have them, and I love them ;Sweet. The only problem with them is the amplifier boxes that the EV electrical gauges come with (those are the ones I have) are fairly big. I have 3 of the boxes kinda tucked under the dash/steering colum.

I would put them on the A-pillar or put them on the dash.

I would also recomend a water temp, and oil pressure gauge.

If your truck is an auto, then throw in a tranny temp gauge

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
nifty! I think the A-piller is the way I will go..... probly with the pyro, boost, and oil pressure..... probly seem the most useful........ Nuthin' like spendin' the money!! hehehe....

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
If u are going to be hauling ur horser with that truck and if it has an auto in it then i would strongly sugget a trans temp gauge

SKimballC

Reaction score
I'd choose a real water temp gauge over an oil pressure gauge. But that's just me and I only ruined one engine after it got way too hot.:eek:

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Well then that solves that issue i just installet auto meter z series i like them for the pyro u want to mount it before the hair drier some where in the up pipes

rubberfish

Reaction score
I currently own Isspro. But when I have to replace them,
it'll be with the brand that first comes to mind when you're
at the local race track.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isspro are the best.

Yes, and I might add they are a site sponsor as well.;Sweet ;Sweet

WELCOME!

You IDI folks sometimes say that you dont have the ability to support site sponsors because they dont offer stuff for IDI's. Well, heres your chance to give back a little.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online