Sidewinder | Boost gauge woes

John_piv

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Threw a sidewinder kit on my '87 over the weekend and love it to death. Went up 2.5 flats and it feels like a totally different truck. While wrapping up the details I put in the pyrometer and boost gauge. The pyrometer works like a champ, the boost gauge doesn't read anything.

First thought was to put the end of the hose in water. It bubbles like crazy under load, so I know there's boost coming through the line. Next I blew into the fitting on the back of the guage, needle moves up to about 4-5 PSI. So I have boost, guage works, but when you put them together, I get no boost reading.

Any ideas on what would cause this? Thanks!

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
A problem I had with my boost gauge when I installed it, is if you tighten the fitting down too much at the gauge end, it actually rotates the internals of the gauge and prevents the needle from moving. After backing it off a little, it worked. I had to double wrench it to keep the internals from spinning as I tightened down the ferral nut.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not the issue here as you got an 4psi reading, but some gauges read vacuum (early banks).
+1 on plumbing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online