Frame on? Resto?

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked through 5 giant metal baskets full of idi van parts, still no ps bracket. 13 van and ambulance engines, all with Ford pumps. No dice. Did find one cool engine though

You must be registered for see images attach

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped by my local diesel junkyard. I was gonna buy a brand new hydroboost but... 60 bucks, can't beat it, with the master too. Also couldn't pass up a full set of snap on wrenches for 100 bucks...

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, this is my wrench drawer and this is just what I've bought since I've been in Texas for two years... Half of them are in the garage floor but... All my tools I've collected before that are at my house in Arkansas lol. I've got some organizing to do when I get there! Can't help it... If I find a decent deal, I'm buying it

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Have the heads or block been decked? That can cause some issues otherwise it is mostly about silicone in the right place and torque.

I haven’t bought new Snap On since the 80’s. Love pawn shops in obscure places where the winter is long.....
Collect Plomb too, most don’t know what it is. Got one punch forged by Alphonse Plomb himself.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That box is the only new snap on piece I've bought in years lol. But it was a 15k box and I paid 7 so I don't feel too bad about it.
The long block was actually new when I took it apart so I didn't have to do anything internal! Where are these "right places" you speak of.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That box is the only new snap on piece I've bought in years lol. But it was a 15k box and I paid 7 so I don't feel too bad about it.
The long block was actually new when I took it apart so I didn't have to do anything internal! Where are these "right places" you speak of.

I just want to know why you have a pic of a giant duck attacking a tiny man, on your toolbox?

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
The valley pan is part of the gasket and sealed to the block with silicone either the Ford / IH grey death or Right Stuff.
If you plan to turbo it you might punch a few holes in the bottom of the baffle that is currently where the CDR connects via a grommet. This becomes the turbo oil drain back and a few folks have had issues with oil backing up in the baffle area.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The valley pan is part of the gasket and sealed to the block with silicone either the Ford / IH grey death or Right Stuff.
If you plan to turbo it you might punch a few holes in the bottom of the baffle that is currently where the CDR connects via a grommet. This becomes the turbo oil drain back and a few folks have had issues with oil backing up in the baffle area.
It was already a turbo truck, I've got the gasket, just got permatex silicone. I was going to silicone the front and back of the gasket, is that sufficient, no surprise spots to look for? Never read anything about oil backing up there, I'll look it up and see how people are doing it, thanks man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online