Frame on? Resto?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Where are these "right places" you speak of.
Never read anything about oil backing up there, I'll look it up and see how people are doing it, thanks man
I use a punch end on my air hammer. DON'T drill the holes. This can and probably will leave metal shavings inside the baffle to fall down into the lifter valley. If you don't have an air hammer, a center punch will probably work just fine. People have mentioned using an ice pick and putting several small holes in the baffle. I just put one hole that's about 3/8"-1/2" and it's worked fine. The newer style of valley pans aren't supposed to do this, but I do it anyway just as a precaution.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a punch end on my air hammer. DON'T drill the holes. This can and probably will leave metal shavings inside the baffle to fall down into the lifter valley. If you don't have an air hammer, a center punch will probably work just fine. People have mentioned using an ice pick and putting several small holes in the baffle. I just put one hole that's about 3/8"-1/2" and it's worked fine. The newer style of valley pans aren't supposed to do this, but I do it anyway just as a precaution.
Good info thanks man

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, as a reminder, punch the holes "inside" the hole where the CDR/Turbo Drain goes. We had a member recently punch holes in the top of the valley pan to the outside world......

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Also, as a reminder, punch the holes "inside" the hole where the CDR/Turbo Drain goes. We had a member recently punch holes in the top of the valley pan to the outside world......
Yep. I did forget to mention that part. I was talking about the baffle on the valley pan, but every one may not have caught that part.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's probably the best thing I've read on this forum so far hahhahhaah. How did you find out they had done that, some kind of failure?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
No, they posted pictures asking about something on the valley, maybe and oil leak. I notice the holes around the CDR hole and the drain/holdown and pointed it out.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my intake put on and the top engine harness rebuilt

You must be registered for see images attach