Frame on? Resto?

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really looking good! Lots of good work...
Thanks alot man! I wish I was at home so I had my shop to work in. Doing this stuff in the sun sucks!
Our two projects are so close to the same and close to the same progression wise it’s unreal. I’m painting the frame right now, doing cab mounts, my ac box is off, front end off haven’t set the engine back in yet. You are moving faster I believe.
I'm trying, I told em I needed this weekend off, mostly just wanted to work on my truck haha. I ran out of zinc plated bolts. Spent tonight doing the oil cooler, ip, Ipgear cover, and fan pulley bolts. They gotta cure for 4 days so I'm kinda at a stand still for now. I think I'm going to bring my wiring in the house and work on it some tomorrow. I got my ac evaporator in, I need to go put it in the truck now but it came with like 10 o rings and I'm not sure where they go

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Not to add to your list....

Did you check the inside of the cowl?

The sealant was failing and just a hint of rust beginning on the 96. Many many leaves in the drain well.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Much easier to do the cowl clean and seal while you can stand in the engine compartment. If I hadn’t done mine I would be looking at mystery rain leaks soon. Now I gotta make time to do the 91!

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven’t already be sure to put a new rubber weatherstrip on the hood to cowl seal to keep rain off the top of the engine. Has caused more than a few hydrolocked engines.
I bought a new one. I'm waiting for bolts to zinc plate so I just put in my new ebrake, hood and throttle cable. Re-sealed the seams on the passenger side and por-ed them. Kinda at a stand still until I have some bolts. I'm kinda getting antsy, ready to get this finished... Thinking about just going to buy stainless bolts...

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Plus, I will be replacing the bed before I paint it so then there will not be a component left that I haven’t removed to be rebuilt or swapped LOL.

Years back I decided it made much more sense to have 4.10 gears in the 91 and 3.54 in the 96 so we swapped rears. No going anywhere that day! Then after we decided we liked it, son and I put the appropriate D60 in the front of each.

Sorry OP need to quit trashing up your thread it is a nice build and conversation.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus, I will be replacing the bed before I paint it so then there will not be a component left that I haven’t removed to be rebuilt or swapped LOL.

Years back I decided it made much more sense to have 4.10 gears in the 91 and 3.54 in the 96 so we swapped rears. No going anywhere that day! Then after we decided we liked it, son and I put the appropriate D60 in the front of each.

Sorry OP need to quit trashing up your thread it is a nice build and conversation.
No problem man lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01