Frame on? Resto?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Always just RTV. A gasket will cause a leak sooner or later (probably sooner). remember to put some RTV on the washer for the balancer bolt too. There's some from the factory so I assume that oil will seep past the washer if you don't put some back. Don't overtighten the top two and the bottom two water pump bolts. They just go into nutserts on the back side of the front engine cover. That's about all of the cautionary things I can think of tight now.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot @IDIBRONCO. And the top and bottom two middle water pump bolts need silicone right. I'm debating buying a new balancer. There's a large line cut in it from the seal.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
If there is a groove in the seal surface there are a couple fixes. There is a wear ring for the seal surface (can’t recall if it comes in a kit with the seal) or just set the seal at a different depth so it misses the groove.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is a groove in the seal surface there are a couple fixes. There is a wear ring for the seal surface (can’t recall if it comes in a kit with the seal) or just set the seal at a different depth so it misses the groove.

I'm hoping I can, I put the seal in the front cover with rtv before I cleaned and inspected the balancer. We'll see though. Worst case, I buy a new seal and move it I guess

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
And the top and bottom two middle water pump bolts need silicone right.
Yes. I believe that you can get a kit with both the sleeve and the seal. I may be wrong on that one. You can buy them separately though. People seem to have good luck going through NAPA. Rock Auto may list them too. You can always install the engine with out the balancer and install that later.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first attempt at zinc plating and yellow chromate, turned out nice except for some crystal formation. Gonna have to turn it down some I think.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a little bit done. Night shift is kicking my a$$.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Our two projects are so close to the same and close to the same progression wise it’s unreal. I’m painting the frame right now, doing cab mounts, my ac box is off, front end off haven’t set the engine back in yet. You are moving faster I believe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online