Frame on? Resto?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If your wires will stretch far enough, you wouldn't need to lower your cab to run the engine. Driving it? NOT recommended at this point.;)

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
LOL good call! A good vehicle is never done
I hear you there.....had the 91 since 2001 and aside from the fading paint everything about it continues to get better. The 96 we have had since 2003. It is currently getting it’s 23 year rehab that will bring it back to better than new in many ways... If I can just finish it lol.
I’m gonna paint the frame Tuesday ready or not....I swear!

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reading thru tons of pages an knowing I am a novice at car/truck builds and repairs nothing big on a diesel beside some oil changes tires glow plugs/control I've made a small goal with in the next 7 months to restore my OG 1993 7.3 n/a might fancy a turbo next summer but we all know budget n know how plays that role.

Great progress so far enjoy reading this n other builds.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading thru tons of pages an knowing I am a novice at car/truck builds and repairs nothing big on a diesel beside some oil changes tires glow plugs/control I've made a small goal with in the next 7 months to restore my OG 1993 7.3 n/a might fancy a turbo next summer but we all know budget n know how plays that role.

Great progress so far enjoy reading this n other builds.
Nice work!
Thanks guys!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
LOL good call! A good vehicle is never done
It's hard to tell when you're actually done with a vehicle. I did actually get done with one once. It was my first 1985 F250, 6.9. I ended up with it upside down next to me about 20' below the highway. I was lucky enough to be thrown out of it. That wasn't the end of the truck by a LONG way. We flipped it right side up with a tractor and several log chains. Then we pulled it up, out of the ditch and next to the highway. The friend who was driving the tractor wanted to know how I was going to get it the last half mile into town and to my yard. I peeled back what was left of the windshield and told him that I'd climb on the hood and steer while he pulled it with the tractor. Since most of the way was down hill, the truck wanted to roll faster than the tractor could go (good ol' Fords!). He stopped the tractor and the truck stopped against the back tires. I reached down and put it in gear. I told him to get behind and push. So that's how it got the rest of the way to town. I was on the hood, steering. The truck was going backward. Keep in mind that the hood, bed, and the top of the cab were all in a line at this point. There was a car that just couldn't wait for the tractor, so it went around and I've never seen such dumbfounded looks as those people had on their faces. He pushed my truck uphill the three blocks to my house and into the yard. Was I done? NOPE. I used the engine, transmission, transfer case, and wheels and tires to build my diesel powered Bronco. Was it done then? NOPE!. I then cut it into two pieces, hauled the front off to scrap and turned the back into a trailer. A few years later, while I was moving, I gave the trailer to another friend who wanted it. He complained that it didn't track straight and was afraid that it would wear tires so it got hauled off for scrap. THEN it was finally done. That thing just kept hanging around and didn't want to leave!

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a truck like that myself. I've still got the engine for another truck and the bed I use for a trailer all the time

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
105 later I can put together a fuel line... @Thewespaul I know you told me before but where can I get that an fitting to fit the injection pump? They had 3 rows of an fittings there and none with the right threads!

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
105 later I can put together a fuel line... @Thewespaul I know you told me before but where can I get that an fitting to fit the injection pump? They had 3 rows of an fittings there and none with the right threads!

You must be registered for see images attach
Quality costs money! 5/16" O ring boss is what you need for the IP

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Thewespaul hey man, do you know what the pitch is? They had the fittings that size but the pitch was wrong, I could probably take it to fastenal and they could tell me I bet if you don't know

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not off hand, I could confirm in the morning, but taking the old fitting or the pump in would be the sure way to get it right.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not off hand, I could confirm in the morning, but taking the old fitting or the pump in would be the sure way to get it right.
Yea, I took it to smileys and they didn't have a single fitting that was the same thread, thought it was kind of odd. I'll have to hit up Fastenal and see if the can tell me, if you think about it let me know though!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online