Found an IDIT at junkyard today.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Went looking for a serpentine belt system... found a '94 IDIT with a 5-speed. 4x4 and all. Someone already got the turbo and the hood is off.

Going back tomorrow to pull whats left of the serpentine system. The alternator and A/C are missing. Will other (gasser) Ford A/C units have the same pulleys on the Alt and A/C or am I wasting my time?

Wish there was time to pull the whole motor and trans. With winter hours it only gives me one hour after work to get in and get out. I may grab the IP and lines while I am there.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I'd find time to yank that. TURBO RODS!

Anyways, i did a serpentine swap for a friend of mine with his IDI.

I gave him a new a/c compressor off my 94 F350 351W (which is what my truck was born with actually) and i had a alternator off a 2001 Ford Ranger 4.0. Its a 3 bolt 3g alternator and it all fit just fine. So you're good there. The alternator and compressor fits MANY MANY other fords, just giving you an application you can grab something off of and know it works. This was with the 6 rib belt with his truck.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need a set of turbo rods asian? Ive got two motors sitting here ready to come apart. I think I scrapped the first set of turbo rods lol.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I'd find time to yank that. TURBO RODS!

Yep. I could get the motor and trans and sell the trans for enough to cover the whole she-bang.

Bad part is the intake has been open and no hood, so who knows how much water has gone down the intake... It has been very dry here for the last few months, but who knows.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When you pull the two aluminum brackets for the alt and the vacuum pump power steering and ac pump make sure you get the bolts too. Those are hardened and tuff to source. You will need to use a power steering puller on that pulley to seperate the pump from the bracket and you are going to need a fan nut wrench kit to remove the fan clutch. Watch the pulley spacers as they come off the water pump and crank dampner. All those bolts should be saved too. Sounds like you have a good find right there. If you can do me a favor on the drivers side head at the rear there is the return line fitting thats allowing fuel to return to the tanks. Its bolted down to the last intake manifold bolt. I need that fitting and will pay for it and the shipping. Just let me know what it comes out to.. Thanks and if you can't get it thats no problem...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
If you can do me a favor on the drivers side head at the rear there is the return line fitting thats allowing fuel to return to the tanks. Its bolted down to the last intake manifold bolt. I need that fitting and will pay for it and the shipping. Just let me know what it comes out to.. Thanks and if you can't get it thats no problem...

Wished ya would have said something earlier Gary, I could have snuck one in with the Cord part.:dunno

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
When you pull the two aluminum brackets for the alt and the vacuum pump power steering and ac pump make sure you get the bolts too. Those are hardened and tuff to source. You will need to use a power steering puller on that pulley to seperate the pump from the bracket and you are going to need a fan nut wrench kit to remove the fan clutch. Watch the pulley spacers as they come off the water pump and crank dampner. All those bolts should be saved too. Sounds like you have a good find right there. If you can do me a favor on the drivers side head at the rear there is the return line fitting thats allowing fuel to return to the tanks. Its bolted down to the last intake manifold bolt. I need that fitting and will pay for it and the shipping. Just let me know what it comes out to.. Thanks and if you can't get it thats no problem...

I've got a couple of those,,,maybe one from a factory turbo,,,if not Russ has it,,,,is it different than N/A, or do you just need one in general?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I need the larger fitting for the return line kits. On my engine I have the early return line from the injection pump running down the drivers side of the intake manifold as 3/8 tubeing. Then at the back end of that is the brass three way fitting for the smaller return line hoses. I want the larger return line fitting that bolted to the last bolt in the intake mainfold. It not a brass fitting with the olive in it. Its just a three way fitting.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need the larger fitting for the return line kits. ... I want the larger return line fitting that bolted to the last bolt in the intake mainfold. It not a brass fitting with the olive in it. Its just a three way fitting.
Got a pic of one Gary or anyone? I got a IDIT core sitting in back yard I can check out:sly

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Fun day at the JY

Its just a three way fitting.

I got it... but its only a two way fitting as far as I can tell. Will put up a pic in a bit.

Managed to get the serpentine pulleys, steering pump, water pump and fan (Couldn't get the fan off at the yard so I took it all), valve covers (turbo), glow plug controller and harness, and the intake manifold.

My intake had been repaired previously with JB weld where the air cleaner bolt went in, so now I have a good one. Nothing really wrong with the old one, but my Dad asked me if I was going to replace it while I was in there. If he was concerned enough to ask, then I better listen!!

Quickly figured out why the IDIT was in the junkyard:
You must be registered for see images attach

Not one that can turn down a good JY autopsy I dove in and pulled the valley pan:
You must be registered for see images attach

My hope is that this motor is still there in a few weeks when I have time and help to pull the motor and transmission... Still a good day of junkin'

Didn't get the vacuum pump, alternator, or A/C... started pulling the new style hose but they had punctured the line and ruined it. There are plenty of gassers to get everything but the vacuum pump off of. Does a new vac pump come with the pulley??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online