First piece of the puzzle?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
hey freight train now i was lookin for a air starter for my 6.9 international would u think i could have a tank small enough but holds a crap load of air? or is it not possible

Don't hold you breath. I got a wild hair a couple of years back and went down that road and it was a dead end. I contacted a bunch of manufacturers and nobody makes an air starter for a 6.9/7.3 IDI . You can get one for darn near every other engine on the planet though. Even a 300 6 cyl gas burner, but not our engines cookoo

wreckerman893

Reaction score
Years ago a lot of the freight companies (Yellow, Roadway, Trans-Con, etc.,) had air starters on their line haul trucks.
You could tell them by the big vertical air tanks mounted behind the cab. You seldom heard them crank because the freight haulers left them running while they were in the truckstops.
They did make a weird sound.....if you have seen "Road Warrior" with Mel Gibson the Mack he took back to the compound was an air start.

By the way....an "Air Start" was CB code for a ********......as in "Breaker 19...any Lot Lizards out there giving air starts tonight."

FT is a glutton for punishment.....I have a yard full of his future projects to proove it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online