FINALLY...got the truck I want

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After selling my 84 F250 6.9, I have had many regrets. I went back to Chevy trucks and they are not like owning a Ford IDI. I bought a 98 Chevy K1500(NICE truck) for a grand,it's a cool truck, but not my thing. Traded my 72 F250 EXPLORER for a 93 Chevy C3500 srw.....AGAIN, not my thing. So while cruising craigslist, I found a guy in the high desert selling 2 1990 F250's for 1500....1 being a 4x4 7.3 std cab... So I called him.
After about an hour on the phone (guy is really nice) with him we strike a deal for $750 for the 1990 F250 4x4, 7.3 E4OD...AND the trans is NEW (have receipt/paperwork).......the BAD thing is that it has sat (truck) in the high desert since 2001 in his back yard. He told me the engine would not rev up past a certain point(1800 rpm) and a few injectors were leaking,so he parked it and figured it needed a new engine. "someone" started foolin with it, as the 90* fitting that goes into the fuel filter from the lift pump is missing...so I will need to find one. Here are some pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, there was an air cleaner on it the entire time it sat. the one you see on the seat is an extra.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just took that 90* fitting off my truck today while putting an electric fuel pump on. It's yours if you want it.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Be ready for a wrestling match though. Fixing leaks and lil stuff... just got mine in december, it had to be sitting forever..... lots of stuff came up.

Still. Good find tho!

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone...I like it for sure. Brian, I will take you up on that offer. Just let me know how much $.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck for 600$ 3 years ago, it sat 10 years.. 120k miles! Grease everything, change all fluids filters and such. Even the forgotten fluids, brake fluid, transfer case, axles gear oil, id even check wheel bearing grease. Those are all things I did as soon as I could with mine I found many little surprises during this time as well from sitting so long. All fluids go bad bad over time and changing them before daily driving it can help prrvent future headaches

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats what the plan is. But FIRST, I want to hear it run. just gonna change the oil/filter, new fuel filter, fill it with fresh fuel and maybe a little 2stroke oil and see if she runs...THEN Ii will know where to start.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone...I like it for sure. Brian, I will take you up on that offer. Just let me know how much $.

Don't worry about it, it was just gonna get tossed in the drawer of forgotten parts. Just send me a direct message on here with your address and stuff and I'll send it out to you tomorrow.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome back to the fold. Really nice rig for the price paid too.
Things look wet under the hood. Any chance you "washed things off"? Looks like the cowl seal is in good shape so no issues with rain water getting into the intake during the long sleep. Watch the tires for throwing tread. ANY tire needs to be replaced around 6 or 7 years so these are well past the throwing stage. It can be terrifying when they throw tread at 70 mph. As for overall condition I really like the blue seats and the white color.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'd second that on the tires. I also found out how fun it isn't to have a blow out at highway speeds. Mine was on the front. Lucky for me that the ditch was smooth on the bottom.

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank You. YES I hosed it off. was covered in desert silty sand. I think it'll run. If not, I have an 87 6.9 sitting in the donor truck still.
Oh and the seat, it was newly recovered right before it was parked in the heat 17yrs ago!.....lol

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you need a return kit and olives let me know.
Nice score!