FINALLY...got the truck I want

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
"someone" started foolin with it, as the 90* fitting that goes into the fuel filter from the lift pump is missing...so I will need to find one.

Big time fooling. Looks like someone replaced 7.3 fuel filter head with one from a 6.9...and only put one bolt back in. You might want to restore back to the 7.3 filter head so you get the water/fuel separation back...or go electric and put your own water/fuel separator in. :sly

Nice score BTW! ;Sweet

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got it all cleaned up...look at the interior at the beginning of this thread and now.

You must be registered for see images attach

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA...I wish it had 4 more! I have even constipated selling it to get a crewcab! Ive got 2 kids, 1 of which is in a wheelchair....Kinda limited to the ole "MAN-VAN" 2001 GMC Safari.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Challenge - six-door build, but replace the passenger-side middle and rear doors with a set of barn doors, eliminate the pillar, rig up a ramp and a kneeling suspension. Super-duper-crew IDI for the whole family....

Hmm, this gets me thinking... why hasn't anyone done a six-door, but with the whole third row section backward, so those doors open as suicide doors?

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be SWEET! That reminded me of a van I had seen at the wrecking yard once. It was of the "DENTSIDE" era. the body seemed to have been shortened, it had the side barn doors the ended with like the back of a truck cab. was a dually truck bed. The thing was pretty badass.