FINALLY Got our nearly new 6.9!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
We've been waiting for a good 5 months to get this thing, and finally a guy that bought some NOS GM Camaro parts from me offered to bring it up from KC for $150.
We were skeptical on what to expect for $1000, but hey it looks like it in fact does only have 8,000 miles on it. The heads are some kind of after market thing, I've never seen that machined and stamped number before on any IDI head. It's got all the new style head bolts in it, all the rockers, valves, keepers and retainers look new. I'd say its a good bet its rebuilt like the guy that had the engine said it was.

You must be registered for see images

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the home-made RDT fitting, but seems to me it's pointed at the fan. :dunno

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think that is the oil filler for the E-series, maybe it was out of a van? Looks like a pretty new engine even pivot style rockers. I'd say you did good as long as whoever built it had a clue what he was doing, unlike the guy that rebuilt Rob from Orlando's 94 or the shop that rebuilt RLDSL's 7.3.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice buy... But that throttle return spring has to go. Its not original and the proper one MUST BE A DUAL SPRING..... Not having that and you may find yourself in court esplainin why it was used..... All in all sounds like you found a plumb.....:D

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Nice buy... But that throttle return spring has to go. Its not original and the proper one MUST BE A DUAL SPRING..... Not having that and you may find yourself in court esplainin why it was used.....

help me out here, is it just to insure the ip stops pumping? i.e. one breaks, ones still there to return the throttle.
chris

suv7734

Reaction score
Just an FYI. The spring in the picture is actually the return spring for the C6 kickdown linkage and is the factory piece. Take good care of that VRV on the left side of the pump. They are very spendy if you ever need one ($125.00+)

Attachments

• spring.jpg
    spring.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 5

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Across the states a double return spring is a required item. If one breaks you still have another one... Now tell me how you would know when a spring breaks so you could replace it.... I wonder now....:dunno

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
We will likely offer that pump up for sale here. Its been tuned for a turbo, but we've got a brand new pump on the factory turbo engine this is replacing. This one also has E code injectors in it, I dont know if those are good ones or not, but I figure its worth having them tested.

Does anyone know anything about those heads? I've never seen any like that before. My guess is that they are some sort of brand new ford service part or something.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to add, we got a NOS Ford 92-97 tail gate shell for $50 from the same guy that had the engine. Genuine Ford tail gate shell. hehe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7