Ferret timing meter or comparable timing apparatus

kickdheney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking to purchase a timing meter adapter or similar setup for timing my idi's. I tried calling the number for the ferret meter and it said that the number has been disconnected. Anyone know where to purchase one?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ferret is out of buisness so only new timing equipment is snap on as far as I know. You can still find used boxes on ebay

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This forum has had great luck using the Kent Moore J33300 or the newer J33300-A meters. They are a simple to use meter. You clean two places. Connect. Start engine. Press one rocker switch. The hand rev to 2000 rpm and read timing and rpm on meter digital display.Its just that simple. the meter has a micro processor that tells you everything to time the engine. All you do is move the pump the direction for the degrees of timing you want. Used meters come up on ebay all the time but.. If you want one please contact me as to the completeness of the meter. some parts are very expensive if you need to buy them.r

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have it, I bought a ferret setup before they went out of buisness. Talk to your local snap on guy

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks as if the Snap On unit is probably the Bluepoint MT257B? https://store.snapon.com/Diesel-Pulse-Adaptor-Diesel-Pulse-Adaptor-Blue-Point-reg--P645205.aspx That's just a injector pulse to timing light adapter, the same as the Ferret was.

DTI seems to still be making something like the Kent Moore device? It can use the magnetic pickup, or a timing light, along with the injector line clamp. https://www.tinytach.com/timing-equipment It still has clamps and such available. Has anyone used this device?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks as if the Snap On unit is probably the Bluepoint MT257B? https://store.snapon.com/Diesel-Pulse-Adaptor-Diesel-Pulse-Adaptor-Blue-Point-reg--P645205.aspx That's just a injector pulse to timing light adapter, the same as the Ferret was.
The Kent Moore makes the J33300-A meters. They are expensive too. Figu
DTI seems to still be making something like the Kent Moore device? It can use the magnetic pickup, or a timing light, along with the injector line clamp. https://www.tinytach.com/timing-equipment It still has clamps and such available. Has anyone used this device?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is any interest in these, I will talk to my Snap-On guy and see if this is something he can get readily. If so, we might offer them for resale.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a rental program? I doubt I will ever use a timing setup more than once or twice (now, and someday when I have to get a rebuilt IP).

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve loaned my equipment out and I won’t do it anymore unless it’s someone I know. I think @icanfixall had issues with his rental program as well

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it can be done like Autozone... 100% deposit when you rent it, bring it back intact and get 100% back :) (or some smaller percentage to include the rental fee)

94ferd

Reaction score
This may help

You must be registered for see images attach

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are definitely considering offering the rental, in the manner DrCharles mentioned.

silverrex4

Reaction score
if you can get a good deal from your snapon guy i would buy one. they look to be $306 on the snapon site. it comes with the rail adapters and just need a timing light. it looks like it works just like the ferret meter.