Fan and fan clutch....???

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i know i've asked before but i can't get the search to find my post... sorry..cookoo

i need a fan and fan clutch for my 6.9. it's outta a '87 f-350, i wanted a fixed fan but i don't think it'll work w/ the threaded w/p. what options do i have for a GOOD (i'll pay for the best $$) FAN and fan clutch? or am i best just going to Ferd and getting a new fan/clutch? :confused: i'm getting closer everyday guy's, i'll be knocking and smokin in notime!!! ;Sweet :cool :rolleyes: LOL

Thanks
-Jon

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
MS tech fan clutch. They are in Babalon New York and make a modified fan clutch thats great. I have bought two of them.

rthomas

Reaction score
my 6.9 has done really well with an electric, even when pulling it does ok. cheap too- taurus fan $15 thermostatic controller $40

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the guy with the E fan setup lives in the land of never need-um air conditioning. When I lived up there I had a gasser pickup that I rigged with an electric fan from a car at the boneyard and it worked GREAT, even towing a 22ft Silver Streak trailer, and that sucker was no lightweight....up there. But once I moved down here to the land of humidity and always need-um air conditioning, that E fan was woefully inadequate.

rthomas

Reaction score
if you want a fixed fan you can remove the spring on the front and that should lock up the clutch. i know the e-fan idea has no popularity in the idi forums but its becoming a popular mod for psd guys and when researching it i never found anyone that had gone back to the m-fan. around here i get away with a single but where its warmer most guys have duals

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A water pump for an international truck has a bolt on fan, go find an older uhaul and look under the hood.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
A water pump for an international truck has a bolt on fan, go find an older uhaul and look under the hood.

really? i asked at IH and the guy said he thought it was thread on.... i better have them order one in and take a look...any idea what year? :confused:

Thanks
-Jon

ntaylor8

Reaction score
locking up the fan clutch

I dont know if i would lock up the fan clutch, just yesterday my fan and clutch assembly flew off my water pump and took out my radiator. The only reason i can figure this could happen is that they were locked when i turned off the motor and the inertia kept it all spinning and spun it right off the threads.
I could be way off the mark and maybe someone else could chime in, but thats my current theory.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Jon, I have a MS TEC Fan clutch that has maybee 10K miles on it, and a fan off my truck that I will sell you. It wont work with the Cummins. Let me know if you are interested.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Hey Jon, I have a MS TEC Fan clutch that has maybee 10K miles on it, and a fan off my truck that I will sell you. It wont work with the Cummins. Let me know if you are interested.

oooo....i'm still looking, i am interested, i just need to see if i can figure out a way to get a standard flex-a-lite fan to fit somehow first.cookoo and could you measure the side of the fan? i think stock they're what...22"?

thanks,
-Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7