Facebook

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm resisting everything facebook/twitter/myspace.... :puke:

Like I need another reason to be on the computer. My kids are on there, and they are constantly texting because of it.

X2.

Sorry, I'm not a Facebooker.:dunno

Heath

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2.

Sorry, I'm not a Facebooker.:dunno

Heath
I can't say I understand the fascination of telling everyone what I am doing that moment, but I'm making an effort to be familiar with it and all it's copies. I remember telling my folks that they were "out of touch" years ago. I'm going to make sure my daughter will have a tougher time saying that to me.:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel if you don't join thats fine. Can i still post pictures of the Moose Truck?

Of course. I don't have anything against Facebook, its just that I only have so much time for on-line stuff. I know it is really the "in" thing for people to do these days. Just remember that employers are really watching these sites these days, so everybody should be carefull what they put on them.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course. I don't have anything against Facebook, its just that I only have so much time for on-line stuff. I know it is really the "in" thing for people to do these days. Just remember that employers are really watching these sites these days, so everybody should be carefull what they put on them.
+1 to what Mel said about employers watching these sorts of sites. That really goes for ANY website, including this one. At this point, I won't write anything (or show a picture) that can be seen publicly unless it's something I'm comfortable with my boss seeing. And, Mel, FWIW, it's possible to have an account without updating it on a regular basis. I know of people who write short novels as updates on a daily (sometimes more than once a day) basis....whereas I'll update my "status" once in a month or two if I feel like it. And, for that reason, I'll never have anything to do with Twitter...but I digress ;)

I tend to think that MySpace is more geared towards kids, but Facebook does have its place...it's a good way to share photos (more user-friendly and easier to share than Photobucket IMHO), and while kids certainly use it, it's geared towards a more mature audience IMHO. I'm the only adult in my family under age 45, and I was one of the LAST ones in my family to sign up LOL

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
IIRC facebook was desgined in order to give incoming college students a network of people in their school in order to have a connection with another person/student from there. Basically to help you find people who are going there so you now someone when you first get to the new school

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC facebook was desgined in order to give incoming college students a network of people in their school in order to have a connection with another person/student from there. Basically to help you find people who are going there so you now someone when you first get to the new school

Damn, I thought it was for looking up old high school girlfriends.:sly

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 to what Mel said about employers watching these sorts of sites. That really goes for ANY website, including this one.

No kidding. Have you ever "Googled" you name? If not try it............ you may be surprised.

Heath