F350 To F450 Brakes

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As some of you know there has been plenty of discussions about changing out the vacuum to hydroboost and the master cylinders. Here is what I have found. Most feel the pressure you need to make a 1 5/16 inch master cylinder work will be felt. Well thats not true. I looked at an F450 system. It has the ten lug wheels along with the 1 5/16 inch master cylinder and here is the kicker. The brake peddle pin that the hydroboost attaches to is 3/4 of an inch higher up on the peddle arm. So that alone gives you much more leverage but at a cost of less travel. But remember the larger master cylinder..... So what I did was changed out the 350 brake peddle for the 450 barke peddle. I will be using the smaller 1 1/4 inch master cylinder so the peddle effort will be no differance. I may use the 1 5/16 master cylinder too. It just depends on how lucky I feel. Both peddles are the same length overall but I did find an early dually 6.9 (less motor) that had a larger peddle main shaft size so don't go trying to make one of those fit your 89 or 90 truck.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I slotted the vac mc to fit the hydroboost and moved the pivot up about as far as you said. I couldnt swap peddles as the donor was auto. I have awesome brakes and they never come anywhere near the floor.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm not following you Russ. What are you saying about slotting the vacuum mc?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7