Engine bit the dust.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
IDI engines are cheap and with enough luck You can get a good one, I would keep it and drop another engine on it, You said there is a lot of work on the truck so no sense on selling it when You could enjoy all Your hard work and $$$$ You put in it.

sassyrel

Reaction score
IDI engines are cheap and with enough luck You can get a good one, I would keep it and drop another engine on it, You said there is a lot of work on the truck so no sense on selling it when You could enjoy all Your hard work and $$$$ You put in it.

x's 2!!!!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have to, an engine like this can be swapped in one full day with a rented hoist. 2 days is more realistic though. A good break in the weather and you can perform the swap on any flat, paved surface.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If you have to, an engine like this can be swapped in one full day with a rented hoist. 2 days is more realistic though. A good break in the weather and you can perform the swap on any flat, paved surface.

i can have one out in about 2 hours, and the front end off. considering everything goes good and i dont run into no problems, and i can have another engine setting in there but not running again in one day, but 2 days i can do, when i swapped mine the second time it was out in about 2 hours, then the other one was back in and ready to run in a whole day, just had to change IP but at the end of the day i was too worn out to do it

sassyrel

Reaction score
i can have one out in about 2 hours, and the front end off. considering everything goes good and i dont run into no problems, and i can have another engine setting in there but not running again in one day, but 2 days i can do, when i swapped mine the second time it was out in about 2 hours, then the other one was back in and ready to run in a whole day, just had to change IP but at the end of the day i was too worn out to do it

wonder why???? :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao i did the same sort of thing--SOME years ago,when i was working a full time factory job,and mechanicing all night long--------NO MORE!!!!!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
wonder why???? :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao i did the same sort of thing--SOME years ago,when i was working a full time factory job,and mechanicing all night long--------NO MORE!!!!!

After you blow a few up its no problem to swap them, hell the first time i done it i used a shade treeLOL second time i got the luxary of a garage but i also got an awsome engine hoist that flipped over and dropped my engine on the floor:eek:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you blow a few up its no problem to swap them, hell the first time i done it i used a shade treeLOL second time i got the luxary of a garage but i also got an awsome engine hoist that flipped over and dropped my engine on the floor:eek:

....yeah.... not everyone blows an engine every week so I figured 2 days would be fair for some one that doesn't:rotflmao;Poke

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man........

http://kokomo.craigslist.org/pts/1923467279.html

What fun could I have with that?

I would go for a 6.9, but that is just my opinion.

If you have something else to drive I would take this opportunity to start all over with a new motor. Get a 6.9, bore it out and get new pistons and check the crank for out-of roundness. New main and rod bearings. after that you'll have a really good bottom-end on this motor that will last a really long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online