Elkectric fuel pump rated for diesel fuel

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an electric fuel pump rated for diesel. I have seen the airtex ones and Mr. Gasket ones but have also read poor reviews for the Mr. Gasket ones. The Holley red on Summit Racing is rated for gasoline.http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-12-801-1/Is this the one people are using even though it is for gasoline?. Also I have seen some on here use the carrier transcold type. Does that have a water separator bowl or some kind of filtering?.

Paul E350

Reaction score
This:

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/R...Keyword&Nty=1&Dn=0&D=BK+6102400&Dk=1&Dp=3&N=0

There's a guy here who'll sell them for less. I needed one right away so bit the bullet at NAPA. This is the way to go. Its a reliable pump that has correct fuel pressure for IDI. This are built for use on the Carrier refrigeration units on trailers, and have long life. It does have a clear bowl and reusable stainless filter.

I insalled one on my '88 E350 IDI, couldn't be happier!

Paul

Last edited:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is nothing special about diesel fuel, if it's rated for gasoline, it will pump diesel also. The only time you need something special is if you are running some of the bio-diesels which can disintegrate regular seals and rubber parts in the fuel system.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is nothing special about diesel fuel, if it's rated for gasoline, it will pump diesel also. The only time you need something special is if you are running some of the bio-diesels which can disintegrate regular seals and rubber parts in the fuel system.

Thanks for the information but you never know when you are getting a blend of bio even if you think your buying straight diesel. I drive a truck for a fuel distributor and there was one rack I was at to load the truck with on road diesel several times. This place I went to is a major fuel supplier with it's own branded service stations. When I printed out the bill of laden it said "May contain up to 5% bio diesel" and this major fuel suppliers own stations do not say anything on the pump at all. That is why I want a pump rated for diesel and not one that is rated for gasoline with the possibility of failing. Diesel is like a box of chocolate, you never know what your getting until you put it in your tank to burn it.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This:

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/R...Keyword&Nty=1&Dn=0&D=BK+6102400&Dk=1&Dp=3&N=0
There's a guy here who'll sell them for less. I needed one right away so bit the bullet at NAPA. This is the way to go. Its a reliable pump that has correct fuel pressure for IDI. This are built for use on the Carrier refrigeration units on trailers, and have long life. It does have a clear bowl and reusable stainless filter.

I insalled one on my '88 E350 IDI, couldn't be happier!

Paul
do you have any specs on that pump? Flow rate?
Or is that the exat pump genlighting sells?
I need something with more flow that what I have now ( dint get the pump lighting sells)

Paul E350

Reaction score
It is the Facet pump branded by Napa. Click on the pump name in my first link and it'll take you to the information I cut and paste below. I can tell ya, I'm using this pump in my '88 E350 7.3 IDI and it works perfectly.
Specs are below:

Part Number: BK 6102400
Product Line: Balkamp
Attributes:
Amp Rating : 1.4 Amp
Contents : (1) Pump
Fuel Pump Fitting Size : 1/8-27 INT
Fuel Pump Fitting Type : Packard Connector
Fuel Pump Gallons Per Hour : 33 gph
Fuel Pump Pressure Rating : 9 - 11.5 psi
Manufacturer : Facet / Motor Components
Manufacturer Part Number : 40223N
Regulator Type : Self Priming & Self Regulating
Restrictions : 33 gph Max
Style Name : High Performance Heavy Duty Electronic Pump

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks.
I'm on my phone and the mobile version dint have the specs listed.

I wonder if that's enough flow to maintain pressure under wot with my maxed pump? Current one doesn't.

Thread jack over.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run a ps pump with a regualter And there is a controller that regulates boost with fuel as well. I am going this route chris sending pics now.

Tank

Reaction score
will this pump work on wmo wvo? i have an 93 f350 turbo 7.3 most of the fuel pump people are using are like 400.00 and the pressure is too high for the older models. I am wanting to have a separate fuel system for wmo wvo i have found some great heated filters on here and just need to know what type of fuel pump.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There shouldn't be anything in a Holley Red or Blue, nor a Carter (my preference), that weird blends of diesel would harm any more than they would harm the injector-pump, so long as that fuel is CLEAN.

The base has a gasket and there is an O-ring that seals the pump-shaft on the Holley (a Carter lacks the need for that particular seal, as the motor swims in the fuel --- at least that has always been my understanding) .

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
will this pump work on wmo wvo? i have an 93 f350 turbo 7.3 most of the fuel pump people are using are like 400.00 and the pressure is too high for the older models. I am wanting to have a separate fuel system for wmo wvo i have found some great heated filters on here and just need to know what type of fuel pump.

NO, No no no and no. None of the regular fuel pumps will hold up for any length of time with WMO WVO. If you want to pump that swill, you HAVE to get a pump that is rated for marine Bunker C fuel or equivilant. Ive done the research and found one for you guys that need that kind of pump. Use the search feature to find back posts with the information, I'm a bit under the weatehr right now and not up to digging it up