egt and water temp seems too low

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your asking the right questions. My experience with parts store clerks hasn’t been all that great. Lots of their knowledge seems to be made up. Don’t know much about copper gaskets but torque specs should have been in the ARP box, which is 80 ft lbs if I remember right.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
There were none on box or in it. Luckily I ordered 2 so I could show u

You must be registered for see images attach

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm mine had a white slip inside with torque specs and all that good stuff. Even had a little tube of assembly line.
Either way it should be fine if you leave em alone.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Either way I'm not sure if that has much to do with egt. Did just notice cdrv letting a little bit of oil come into intake pipe. Is a little bit OK?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asking for advice on how to do mechanical repairs from counter clerks is like asking for directions in Kuala Lumpur. If they don't know, most will just make something up to save face.
I hope that everything works out for you, but please, if at all possible RTFM! If you don't have one Google is there for you. A 15 second search got me this based upon the pictures you posted.

http://arp-bolts.com/kits/ARPkit-detail.php?RecordID=484

Screenshot of the .pdf

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Guess I just seen the 200,000 psi lol. But is just a bit of oil from cdrv in intake OK or something to worry about?

Last edited:

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, a little oil coming from the CDR is nothing to worry about. Even if you have a new one, you will will find small traces of oil that will pass thru it. It’s normal

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Good deal. Shoved thermo all the way and wrenched it down. Amazed with results. Idles under no load at 365 cruizin it's around 490 no load and getting on it it's 640 no load. Also got another flat up on pump making total of 3 flats. Boost numbers are 1.5 at idle sits at 3 lbs just easy cruizin and when hitting a hill gets to 6 psi and when being an a**hole hitting about 11 psi

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal. Shoved thermo all the way and wrenched it down. Amazed with results. Idles under no load at 365 cruizin it's around 490 no load and getting on it it's 640 no load. Also got another flat up on pump making total of 3 flats. Boost numbers are 1.5 at idle sits at 3 lbs just easy cruizin and when hitting a hill gets to 6 psi and when being an a**hole hitting about 11 psi

Glad things are seeming a bit more normal. Boost at idle should not be. At least that's my experience with gas turbo engines...

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Not at idle but whenever you give it throttle little black Puffs for just a second especially between gears and accelerating for a few seconds and clears back up. Correction .5 at idle sorry. I think that's only cause I forgot to remove cold idle advance. I think something wrong with it. Idles at 1000 rpm unless I unplug it. She does smoke a bit if I'm luggin though. Just figure il keep it in the right gear and avoid the smoking problem. Maybe retard it a bit?

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you have about the right coming out of your exhaust. I don't think I'd retard the timing any. It would probably make more smoke. You should get the timing checked if you haven't already.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
I had it at around 10 degrees retarded initially. After I got that third flat turned and got it primed and fired off I immediately seen WHITE SMOKE BILLOWING out the back and killed it immediately. It's now only around 4 degrees retatded. Not verry many around this little town know much about idis (myself included, lol) and haven't been able to find a pulse timer. People still look at me funny when I park at the seldome used diesel pump. What do those timing lights with pulse attachments usually run? I trust there's another thread on here that explains details of using it. Surely just a glorified timing light of sorts with same principals of use?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online