e4od trans?

ididieseler

Reaction score
what is the difference between an e4od from a 302 and one off of a 7.3 idi ?????:dunno will one from a 302 fit on a 7.3, is there a conversion kit?

DeadMan

Reaction score
The bell housing and torque converter are different to start.. I think most of the internals are similar, but I'm not 100% on that. Hopefully some of the more savvy here will chime in!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bell housing and torque converter are different to start.. I think most of the internals are similar, but I'm not 100% on that. Hopefully some of the more savvy here will chime in!

That's correct, a gasser won't bolt up, diesel's bellhousing is different.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Internals will be on the light side. 3 pin aluminum carrier planet gears. Lower stack count (frictions and steels). Converter and bell housing.

Diesel is its own animal. It does share internal parts with a 460.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I believe only the 5 speed ZF trans from a 460 gasser engine will convert with a little bit of drilling on the mounting bolt holes but nothing else will cross over. I do believe whats posted above about ligh builds and shareing parts. But thats about it. Certainly the torque converters will be less coming from the gas world. Stall will be differant too.