E40D actin up

IHOlRed

Reaction score
ok so my tranny is actin up where sometimes its great and other times it shifts really hard. was wondering just in case it does blow out is it smarter to rebuild it with a shift kit or is there a better tranny that will bolt up

i have put in additive but it does have 225000

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You really need to tell us more about the truck. What year... What trans... E4OD or C6.... But with that many miles on it tells me you are close to the end with it...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's an E4OD, you don't want to use a stickum additive in there.

BKahler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My E40D was doing something similar. I was able to trace the problem with the transmission to the failing tachometer sensor. When I would first start the truck in the mornings the tach would register zero until you revved the engine. The speed registering zero apparently causes the E40D computer to go into limp mode which causes hard and erratic shifting.

Since I replaced the sensor the problem seems to have disappeared. I'll know for sure after this weekend when I make my first long tow with the truck since replacing the sensor.

Brad

IHOlRed

Reaction score
ya i forgot about that it does register at 0. is the sensor on the transmission somewhere