DPS-Performance?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if You do a little searching around on this site. You'll find Heaths thread about His DPS stuff. He had them tested, and dis-assembled by a Diesel Injection shop. The Techs opinion was along the lines of, The Injector Tips seem like they were just ground off! There was absolutely no spray pattern. They just pissed fuel thru them.

Not exactly efficient IMO.
Ken's goal is more in the all-out performance and the ******* injectors may have a place for that.
What has been consistent is the lack of communication after the sale and this has happened to more than one member here. If the members were bolt-n-go people, there would be a valid argument of "i've bolted this stuff on and it don't work"....but that is not the case. Both Heath and Reklund are very meticulous people and neither received any after sales support. they're paying lab rats for god's sake, give them something to feed on and they'll run faster on that wheel. For those who have come into this discussion about Ken late, do a search. This has been going on for years. Still, noone has hung him publicly in "the hall of shame" and every opportunity has been given to Ken to respond in public or private. He's still respected for his research but his lack of communication after the sale has been duly noted many times over. This board is not a tar-n-feather mob like other boards, we'd like feedback so we can build a better monster. Once Ken can get past this, there's no stopping what we can do.;Sweet

for those who need to get up to speed, here's a linky from 2007...yes FOUR YEARS AGO and still no closure.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17138&highlight=reklund

I don't see a lynch mob mentality back then or today either.

Last edited:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I Agree TC. I'd LOVE Ken to succeed, and improve His Customer relations.
I also agree there is a place for all out performance.

But, If Your gonna use this stuff on a DD, then some type of efficiency would be the deciding factor for Me.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typ4 got back to me last week and said he was back logged until Septemberish but would get back to me, so he is busy (which I take as a good sign) but doing his best it looks like

Not backlogged,(I wish). Injectors are not available from Delphi till at least mid sept.:mad:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rob and Calvin. You guys summed it up really well. Me, once bitten twice shy. Crossing my fingers Ken's getting his stuff together, but I'm not spending anymore of my money with him.

Russ, my fuel mileage, idle, starting, and blue smoke crap all were fixed when I replaced the Stage 1's with Moose injectors. Side by side on the pop tester, I was embarrased and angry that I had waited so long to ditch those things. All 8 leaked, popped at only 1200-1300 psi, and terrible pattern if you can call an off-center **** stream a pattern.

If I were putting them in a toy (puller) that would only be used on occasion, then yeah, they'ed be fine. But, for a daily driver....... not at all.

Calvin, the link you posted didn't work?:dunno

Heath

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rob and Calvin. You guys summed it up really well. Me, once bitten twice shy. Crossing my fingers Ken's getting his stuff together, but I'm not spending anymore of my money with him.

Russ, my fuel mileage, idle, starting, and blue smoke crap all were fixed when I replaced the Stage 1's with Moose injectors. Side by side on the pop tester, I was embarrased and angry that I had waited so long to ditch those things. All 8 leaked, popped at only 1200-1300 psi, and terrible pattern if you can call an off-center **** stream a pattern.

If I were putting them in a toy (puller) that would only be used on occasion, then yeah, they'ed be fine. But, for a daily driver....... not at all.

Calvin, the link you posted didn't work?:dunno

Heath
try this one...

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17138&highlight=reklund