DPS-Performance :( Rip Off? HELP

Cowboy.2010

Reaction score
sorry I havent posted in awhile. I finally recieved my pump and injectors from ken last thursday on 11-29-12 after the 3rd visit from the authorities to his shop. It was exactly what you guys said he would do he promised 3 different times that they would be here on a certain date since I was last on here but they never showed. Then he would have some kind of excuse of why they didnt show. When I got the stuff I was gonna pop test them at the ford dealership where my brother is a mechanic but there pop tester was no good and was needing rebuilt so I took a chance and had everything put on my truck, so far everything seems ok. I believe the injectors are dribbling when the truck is not running and just setting there but while the truck is running it runs smooth and seems to have good power. Doesnt smoke at idle or normal driving conditions but if you get on it It will give a good puff of black smoke. I think everything is about right. Im just wondering how long his rebuilds will last. I really wish he would have just gave me my money back so I could go to a guy here more local that is good at rebuilding pumps and injectors and knows a fair amount about the idi's Hopefully they will last I guess we will see. I would never recomend dps to anyone I cant believe there is people like him out there it makes me sick. I have another 1994 idi I am getting ready to do the same thing to and I can assure you dps wont be doing it. I will either go to the local guy I found or get me a moose pump with I believe its type 4's injectors. I wished I wouldnt have tried to pinch a peny and went threw them lol Im sure I will pay for it even more than I all ready have a few thousand miles down the road.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sadly you had your oppertunity to tell DPS no way in hell... I want my money back... Lieing several differant times to you as to why you didn't get your stuff goes way beyond compare. Even when the authoritys interviened on you behalf you still took what you could get but only at DPS time line. Sad it is. Now you have learned what all here have tried to prevent you from suffering. A total loss of controll of how you spend your money. I don't recomment Tp4 or Agnem because I call them friends. I recommend them because they have proven over and over again they do a fine business and their customer service is beyond compare. Their prices reflect what they sell. The amount you spend with either of these members is so very short of the satisfaction you get for a good, well built product. Nobody even comes close to what they offer. Firstly you had the oppertunity to cancel your purchase. When you got the excuse "they" somehow lost your billing address you should have told them no... Cancel my order and refund all my funds... No rrstocking fee either... Then after that you say they made several more excuses why they couldn't ship like they promised... Thats a shame they continued to do that to you. There is no excuse for that. I'm truely sorry you have spent money to find this out. Yes, You may have a great set of injecters and a very good injection pump. Chances are very slim that will happen. Time will tell. Did you install these parts or did a shop do it for you. Was the engine timed and if so how was it done...

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am glad i didn't go that route with my order.. i am happy to say i am dealing with Conestoga and am excited to be receiveing the new parts hopefully next week sometime... can't wait to get them installed..

Cowboy.2010

Reaction score
I tried asking for my money back several times but he acted like that wasent an option and after talking to authorities in his county they wasent doing much and said he's not a criminal just a bad business man so if I just wanted my money back there wasent nothing they could really do about it execpt take him to court which would have cost me more to do that than what the pump and injectors cost me. The cops I believe kept calling it a civil case in which they couldent do nothing inless I could prove or they could prove he was trying to still my pump and injectors. I argued with them asking them how long do I have to wait intell its consider stolen they said forever cause there aint no written agreement on how long it should take just my word against his. So at that point I was just happy to get something back and not just be out everything even tho I might be wishing I never put them on my truck. And I took it to a shop to have it done this time trying to hurry things up which back fired cause of DPS/Ken Im not sure how they timed it. I am in the process of buying a timing gun for diesels/IDI's so I can fine tune it. I no going through all this was new to me with DPS I dont no much about the laws and what I can do so it was hard for me to get much done about it. Most people I deal with are pretty honest and treat me right cant say that at all for ken I hope no one makes the stupid mistake I did.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the honest reply... Sadly there will be more unhappy customers just like you that didn't know what this business was like. This is why any new members that come here for help we collectively ask them to read the Hall of Shame. At least then they have nobody but themsleves to blame when it all goes to hell in a hand basket after dealing with someone mentioned in the Sahme forum... Funny thing is no body has ever gotten out of there either.. I suppose thats because they are continuing the same business tactics with new customers. We don't bash here because those business problems places do it themselves. We just report what happens. We defend members choices here too. The way a person spends their money is their choice. This forum offers information and help. What comes with that is many years and many posts. If you look at my post count one might think "this guy knows it all".. Thats far from the truth. I learn something new all the time on this forum because of others tireless efforts to better these trucks, vans and engines...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say dps injectors are runable for about 20-30k thats it.

I pulled my set of DPS ******* leakers out after about 16-18k. Should have pulled them sooner. Moose injectors fixed up the rig nicely.LOL

I've video'ed the DPS **** sticks on a pop tester as well as a set of my Moose injectors. I need to try and upload them somewhere and share the info. Ken should be embarrased.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Actually the business practice at DPS should be worked on before they do anything else... A business can't stay in business without a customer base to work from. I understand the "one is born every minute" addage but surely a business that does not give good customer service will never get any repeat customers... Now just how many of this forum are repeat customers of Mel or Russ. I will venture a guess every one of us are repeat customers of them. Doing a terrible customer service and selling something thats not what its really billed as is fraud... Just ask NMB2 about his 180cc pump that turned out not to be as sold... Thats terrible to do that to a customer no matter who you are. Bashing... Not at all. Just saying it like it is and nothing more. It must be a greed thing to deal with customers like some have been delt with. A business does not get in the Hall of Shame for doing the right thing.. they get there doing the wrong thing... Ever since I started posting what I have done to my engine has been shared here freely to all. Keeping secrets is not the way I operate. I make mistakes but I publish them too. Sometimes its really funny but its shareing anyway. After reading my posts if you feel you can do it better and have a better turnout... Just go for it.. But if you fail like I have.. Well... Heres your sign.... That way nobody will have to question you on the street....:rotflmao:sly:angel: