deer hunting trip, year #2

zpd307

Reaction score
well, we're leaving for deer hunting tomorrow, 5 1/2 hour trip to northern mn, orr to be exact. so much has changed on the truck, im anticipating how it will go this time. the big things being a turbo, zf, new injection pump and injectors, 3g alt, and hydroboost. also have put on a lot of new parts in between. instead of a trailer of 4 wheelers, i will be pulling the same 14 foot camper that took out the e40d. i will still have my trusty slide in camper. wish me luck as the tranny was just finished being put in on monday.

monkeyboi

Reaction score
Good luck on your trip. We used to go to Orr for a week of fishing on Big Johnson and Little Johnson lakes. Little town but some great fishing!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great way to test out all those enhancements. ;Sweet

zpd307

Reaction score
well im back. i am happy that the truck made it there and back. i big stress as i only had it together for 3 days before leaving. this was the most weight i have hauled to date with the truck. my slide in camper, which also sits up pretty high, and a 14 foot early 70's pull behind camper. that thing is heavy for what iis. both were loaded with all of our hunting and camping gear. first off, the flex 3 inch dp has issiues but i noticed a good increase in power over the stock dp. it hits the up pipe and seems to let more exhaust noise through. i could run 75-80 on the interstate without it seeming to work. i actually had power to maintain if not accellerate up most hills. never had that before. the tranny needs a rebuild. once warmed up after being worked, the rollover noise is ungodly. also most gears, 2 and 3 are the worst, are really loud. i can shift into 4th and it is a completely different animal sound wise. i really like being able to dictate at what rpm i shift when hauling a load, i routinely held it to 3k before shifting, which helped keeping the power going. i am really excited to see what this 6.0 intercooler is going to do..... oh, and i got a doe. the wife didnt see a deer on stand, but had a decent 8 pointer walk by at 40 yards when we were scouting for a stand. she didnt have her rifle of course....

Last edited: