Running rough, hard start

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my manual lift pump is barley pumping diesel, so I bought a new Saturday, haven't put it on yet, I hope my lines and fsv are not clogged up

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
New injector seals can be purchased from most auto parts stores. They sell it as part of an 'injector install kit' which also includes the fuel return caps and lines, or you can buy the coppers separately.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Just remember that their o-rings may not be viton so they may not last for very long.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread gives the size`s for the copper washers.

well heck, for those that do not want to read.

.615" OD
.298" ID
.058" Thick

Goat

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see that size at mcmaster -carr

These should be close enough to be fine, the correct thickness just not as wide, slightly larger ID slightly smaller OD

Little bit cheaper here and should be the same product. I just searched the manufacturer product number from Grainger and got this link.

I have ordered from Zoro before and always gotten what I expected.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok changed out the lift pump today, it is pumping good through lift pump with line disconnected from filter head. Filter was still only a quarter full after cranking several times and no start. Left filter off and cranked engine, fuel comes out filter head ok with out filter screwed on.
As I stated earlier in this thread, fuel is old, about a year or two. I did notice the fuel is a yellowish oranges color and smells off. It does have alot of additives in fuel, as I have been adding to try yo get it started, diesel additive, auto Trans fluid . And smell is off also. Tank is full, I'm assuming the best thing is to drain tank and start fresh, even with the high price of diesel. Your thoughts please?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online