Cup holders

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the hood up working on the carb on my 84 earlier and just happened to look over to the passenger side and just had to laugh. So when i got done i had to take a picture for @Jesus Freak .
You must be registered for see images attach

I have always used the top of the battery for a cupholder. Just one of those made myself laugh kinda moments.

James

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I see you also have the vw vacuum reservoir!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was checking the local craigslist and I found this 89 f150 for sale. He's a bit ambitious with the price but the ad was worth this picture..........I wonder if he's been watching this thread?.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230831-190358.jpg
    Screenshot_20230831-190358.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 19

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, when I finally get around to the black bronco I have an idea for making a really nice center console along the lines of a car. It'll go from under the dash to just behind the front seats just enough to where the back seat will fold up correctly. There's going to be a AOD in the truck and I'm going to use a b and m console shifter. So if this thread goes by the way side I'll revive it in a few months.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you also have the vw vacuum reservoir!
In the older days...the way those were built was out of steel....I always remarked to myself...'Army issue pork and beans can...'

Anything that needed vacuum had some version of the 'can'...

On the cupholder thing...The Girl and I just made another run to move some more of our 'stuff'...and we treated ourself to two cups of 7-11 coffee...I saved the cups to use as 'molds' for a cupholder idea I have been tossing around...

You all have seen small ratchet straps, right..? At the old job most of the new equipment that came in had small ratchet straps holding the components to the pallet...most of the new stuff needed some assembly...usually 'they' would cut the straps...but the straps had neat little metal hooks coated in plastic....the suckers were everywhere...trash can, parking lot, shop floor...etc...

I started picking them up...and saving them...figured they would come in handy, sometime...

So...the first thing that I came up with was to use them to hold two extra one-gallon gas cans to the mower deck on the DR Brush Mower...weld them to the deck...four at a time...and use ratchet straps to secure the cans...that way I can climb a hill and clear a trail and not worry about dragging the thing down...out of gas...

Had to get rid of the plastic coating first...tried burning it off...stunk to high heaven...then grinding or wire wheeling...made a mess and cost more money in materials...

Then I hit upon the idea that...if I just let them sit in the yard at work for a couple of weeks...being run over by all of the traffic and weathering would do the job nicely...I just had to pick them up before any yard clean-up people did...they would be down to bare metal...

So...now I have accumulated about a five-gallon bucket of good raw material and can afford to screw up a few hashing out a cupholder out of ratchet strap hooks...should be pretty redneck-stylish...

I'll have to let a few sit out in the gravel road for the first stage of preparation...the problem with that is...there is a lady that walks her dog and she picks up anything that looks interesting...I gotta ask her to please leave the plastic-coated hooks where I left them...

I'll get The Girl to take some pics when I have something to show...

We are busy this weekend...maybe in two-three weeks...I am sure you-all can wait...

Last edited:

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cupholder in the skid steer...

Raw material for future cupholder...

Raw material being processed for weldability...

Raw material ready to fashion into a cupholder....

Not a cupholder...but gas can holders for DR machine....

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5782.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5782.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail_IMG_5775.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5775.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail_IMG_5776.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5776.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 10
  • thumbnail_IMG_5777.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5777.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail_IMG_5773.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5773.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 11

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor @Nero

We are wreaking havoc on his sensible threads.

Nero had asked me about the factory cupholders in my 86, pics attached. Please excuse the messy interior, which isn’t really put together since I’m working on the truck

Attachments

• IMG_2322.jpeg
    IMG_2322.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2321.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 15