crashed into a pond tonight!

sootman73

Reaction score
i appreciate it. ill make sure to keep my opinions off of this site as long as im on here. wasn't thinkin about who might be on here at the time.

sootman73

Reaction score
there are def some towing companies that take their job seriously and then there are others who dont care because 90% of their business is paid for by an insurance agency.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright you guys, I'm back to work now. :backoff

Gee ****... I can't take a few days off without the threads going to heck. LOL

On the original topic......

Reason #32 why you shouldn't shop at Wallmart. :love: LOL

Sootman, I'm really sorry you messed up your truck. I hope you can get it all fixed up and back in good condition. It's never funny when something good (like showing off a little) goes bad, and either folks get hurt, or pride gets wounded. I think it was very big of you to come forward and tell the truth and share what happened. We're all family here, and so we share your pain. I'm sure you don't need any of us to remind you that this didn't have to happen. As for all the other controversy, let's just let this thread cool off. It's Monday, and the day is hard enough just getting out of bed.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
What is going on here guys, the reason I love this forum is bc every one is friendly, now You guys treat each other? I'm no one to tell anyone what to do but, can't We all get along?:love: :angel: :cheers:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where in the be-jebus did you get into "wet-lands" in Fulton Co./ Wauseon, OH??? :D Dang. I've been through there many a time when I lived in Toledo, never saw any even close to wet-lands. Seen lots and lots of ice there. Where is the Wal-Mart there, I cannot remember? I just would go from the Turnpike to the Fulton Co. Hosptial and back.

Heath

sootman73

Reaction score
Where in the be-jebus did you get into "wet-lands" in Fulton Co./ Wauseon, OH??? :D Dang. I've been through there many a time when I lived in Toledo, never saw any even close to wet-lands. Seen lots and lots of ice there. Where is the Wal-Mart there, I cannot remember? I just would go from the Turnpike to the Fulton Co. Hosptial and back.

Heath

oh no there are only a few that i know of in wauseon(well in the country at least) im at school right now in West Lafayette, Indiana. theres no wetlands in front of walmart in wauseon. just a retention pond. that'd be hard to get into! walmart in wauseon is located at 108(shoop ave) and 20a. how long has it been since ya lived up here?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Most large parking lots are required to have holding ponds. In case of a large fuel/oil spill in the parking lot. Then they'll have someplace to contain the spill.

All of the Walmarts up here have elaborate parking lot drainage systems.

It started when communities tryed like hell to keep Wallmart out of their cities. They all started complaining about heeeuuuge parking lot run off. So Wally just installed retention ponds to appease the State. And in turn got their permits to build their mega, Mom&Pop eatin stores.

On a side note, a local community did get our local wally store expansion shut down, because of this very issue. They were going to build a MegaWally. But the community did'nt want one. Seeing as there was another MegaWally about 16 miles away. They screamed and hollered loud enough about enviro impact, that the State wouldn't approve the MegaWally permits.

The one, and only time, I've agreed with the bunny huggers.

sootman73

Reaction score
no it wasn't a holding pond. it was classified a natural wetlands. i have to clean up any spills that may contaminate the pond

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I know the wetlands you are taking about - that has been a bog for many many years and when Walmart purchased a portion of it that is when it because a big issue (I can remember when they were planning the Wally World on the west side - the only thing out there was the Univ Inn and they were next to the Wetlands - Walmart built on a portion of it.

Actually I voted to keep Walmart out of it. I felt they should have built a little further on down the road - basically where PEFCU is currently. That was all farm land back then in through there.

Knowing the area and the lay of the land I would say you are lucky you didn't go further in the bog.

Oh and btw it's not Walmart's fault you ended up in the drink.

sootman73

Reaction score
i know its not walmarts fault but there maybe some kind of legal case available due to the ice in the lot. i coulda been goin even slower and started stopping later and still have gone in. there is no protection for vehicles to keep them from crashing into there. if it was a little 2 door car the people could of drown! my truck was tall enough to stay above the water enough.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know its not walmarts fault but there maybe some kind of legal case available due to the ice in the lot. i coulda been goin even slower and started stopping later and still have gone in. there is no protection for vehicles to keep them from crashing into there. if it was a little 2 door car the people could of drown! my truck was tall enough to stay above the water enough.

give me a break. You screwed up and ended up in the drink, It ain't walmart's fault.
Thats one of the biggest things screwing up this country is that everyone thinks its their god given right to sue over anything.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Just because there might be some legal way to sue and get money doesn't mean it's the right thing to do and that you're entitled to it.