crashed into a pond tonight!

sootman73

Reaction score
ok think of this. your wife or kids are driving. there in a small car and they slide off the road or have to swerve to avoid another driver. drives over the curb and before you can think they are rolling down the hill and come to a stop upside down submerged in the water. whos to blame for them making it all the way down to the water. theres no safety devices in place to protect people from such a case. im lucky that i went in straight forward cuz i could have easily rolled down the hill and gotten really hurt. some one needs to be responsible for such instances in the future. and the only reason there is traffic there is cuz of walmart. they have the money and resources to prevent future incidents where people can actually get hurt. and they wont do it until it causes them a problem(as in now)

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Dang man, thats a real shame. Looked like a REALLY nice truck.
I'd be surprised to be honest if the insurance company honors their full coverage on a 14 year old truck. I know they didnt on my moms 89 when she totalled it.

sootman73

Reaction score
well they honored it on my 92 chevy 1500 2wd when i crashed into a tree. snow was the cause of that.(maybe i should move away from places with snow) they'll honor it. im not worried. they've payed for my tow and rental car so far and are waiting for the estimate from the dealer. we'll see tomorrow how much its gonna cost.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
ok think of this. your wife or kids are driving. there in a small car and they slide off the road or have to swerve to avoid another driver. drives over the curb and before you can think they are rolling down the hill and come to a stop upside down submerged in the water. whos to blame for them making it all the way down to the water. theres no safety devices in place to protect people from such a case. im lucky that i went in straight forward cuz i could have easily rolled down the hill and gotten really hurt. some one needs to be responsible for such instances in the future. and the only reason there is traffic there is cuz of walmart. they have the money and resources to prevent future incidents where people can actually get hurt. and they wont do it until it causes them a problem(as in now)

Please :rolleyes:

Ok I'm gonna try and sugar coat this...

You screwed up and it's not walmart's fault same as it's not the guys fault that sold you the fuel you were using while doing your Jo Jo Circus boy tricks. No one needs to put up barriers or anything of the like there. You should expect to find ice on the pavement in January so drive accordingly... Like I said I sugar coated it.

Kids these days... we just can't have anything nice - they broke the Velvet Elvis last week.

sootman73

Reaction score
how about the next kid that screws up. should we not protect someone who screws up? im sure they(as i do) would regret what happened. i wont be playing around like that again and im sure they wont either. but before a person makes a mistake like this should we not make sure that its not the last mistake of their lives? they may screw up and be at fault but who deserves to lose their life over such a thing? if there's a way to prevent it why wouldn't you do something?

if a person has the ability to take action, then they also have the responsibility to take that action.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Then maybe the govt should step in and protect us from each other - I suggest that since people die in traffic accidents then we should protect everyone from traffic accidents by removing the world of vehicles... We as humans have to have some responsiblitly in this world - we can't protect everyone it's called thinning the herd - yes it's a shame but sometimes the dumb must give it up for the betterment of the herd.

It's sort of like the old the stove is hot thing... Some just have to touch the stove to learn that it's hot and why shouldn't be touching it. Is that so wrong... no it's called the learning process...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about the next kid that screws up. should we not protect someone who screws up? im sure they(as i do) would regret what happened. i wont be playing around like that again and im sure they wont either. but before a person makes a mistake like this should we not make sure that its not the last mistake of their lives? they may screw up and be at fault but who deserves to lose their life over such a thing? if there's a way to prevent it why wouldn't you do something?

if a person has the ability to take action, then they also have the responsibility to take that action.
got news for you....
this is the only country in the world where we have to "protect us from ourselves". Elsewhere, it's called common sense. It's also the reason why we are losing our business and manufacturing. With all the ******** lawsuits from people who feel entitled to recover money due to their screwups, we have literally sued ourselves to death. Consider this....the vid you posted on doing a burnout....let's say the tire popped and a chunk of steel wire set in rubber hit and really opened up one of the witnesses or even the videographer, are you going to want to create a new "safety" feature to protect a driver from doing burnouts or the tire manufacturer to build a explosion proof tire? Where will this end? When will this end? Bottom line, there really isn't much of an issue with vehicles sliding into the pond or wally world would have done more than put in a curb and berm. Most of the time, a vehicle going at a sane speed for conditions, the curb and berm would have stopped it already.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
LMAO, Your going to sue Walmart?

When they bring the parking lot video into court. You might be the one in jail!

I hate to say this, because I've allways gone thru life giving everyone respect, untill they do something that causes me not to respect them.

Dood, I've lost respect for you.

From trying to blame your irresponceable driving on someone else, to your attitude about people that might be a differant color than you. Your a real work.

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Err, someone correct me if I'm wrong here... it's in a parking lot right???
Accepted standard safe speed in a parking lot is walking speed.
How on earth do you climb a curb at walking speed :confused: :bail ;Poke :popcorn

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I'm sorry I didn't sugar coat it enough last time...

this whole we need to protect us from us thing has gotten totally out of hand, what you are doing is why insurance prems have gotten out of sight.

SUE SUE SUE

It's the american way - where else in the world can you be a crying little baby that doesn't have to take responsiblity for our own actions....

Like I said make sure you sue the guy that sold you the fuel that you used during the incident because he should have spotted you coming.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  1. You had no business doing 20 MPH in a parking lot.
  2. You had no business "Smoking" innocent people out.
  3. Smokeshows, speed exhibitions and stunt driving belong on the track and not a public area.
  4. We can't protect every idiot from themselves, however nature has provided for that, it's called death.
  5. Don't be surprised if your insurance company reviews Wally worlds video, witness testimony etc... and drops you like a rock.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
after viewing that video there is no "benefit of the doubt". but when i was 18 i was always right too, so i get it, but you need to wake up dude. grow up and realize you and only you are at fault for this and be happy you didn't get hurt or worse, hurt someone else.

its a real shame a truck that nice got trashed due to a stupid stunt like that. a lot of people are nursing along clunkers. damn shame.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm sure he didnt want all this lecturing when he first posted this up. I know I had a post like that a while ago, and it didnt do really anything except **** me off more.

That being said, I would agree with everyone that you were going a little to fast. Maybe instead of sueing Walmart, try to persuede them to put up some sort of barrier so this doesnt happen to some other unfortunate person.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
its a shame to see a truck like that messed up, i will admitt to doing alot of stupid stuff but if i screwed up i knew whose fault it was. i licked my wounds pached things up and came out the wiser. thank God nobody got hurt.

saftey devices like guide rails are good to have but expansive and not always neccisary. i think most parking lots have speed limits of like 5-10mph. it worries me to see the attitude of we need saved from ourselves. i am responsible for my actions.

take this as a learning experiance, someday you will look back and laugh while wondering what you were thinking. good luck getting it back together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger