CL find: change from gas to Diesel?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
better make sure you can go diesel first before you buy.

? I thought 460 and diesel frames were the same. The only thing I don't know is if the 85 tanks will swap into the 89. I will have to get an 89 diesel dash as well. You think the DMV would give problems?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, from what I understood, ALL frames were the same. The only major differences were the rad supports and engine mounts...some other small things.

I think towkitty means paperwork wise....it can be a royal pita to change major things on a title like engine, trans, and that stuff. Hell, for me to drop a diesel in my CCLB they want me to fill out a PILE of paperwork and title it as a rebuild....not that I care about that..but I HATE paperwork!!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Guess I will have to find out. Paperwork is not a big deal to me, I have another truck to use, and can wait. The gubmint workers like to see people get antsy, and I never do.

You should have seen the mess I had to clean up before getting title to my silver truck, including clearing a lien from a bank that no longer exists, in Virginia. I can deal with paperwork.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped mine from gas to diesel; when I renewed the tags, I asked the DMV about switching the title over to diesel. The lady said all she had to do was change it over in her computer; no paperwork or anything. If you live where they have emissions testing, it's probably not so easy.
Just call your local DMV and ask, it's going to vary quite a bit depending on your location.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swapped mine from gas to diesel; when I renewed the tags, I asked the DMV about switching the title over to diesel. The lady said all she had to do was change it over in her computer; no paperwork or anything. If you live where they have emissions testing, it's probably not so easy.
Just call your local DMV and ask, it's going to vary quite a bit depending on your location.
it's not so easy in kali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matjonbak

Staff online