New guy from East TN

mckenziedg

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just picked up my first diesel. It is an 86 F250 4x4 with a 6.9 IDI non-turbo. I bought it to get me around in the winter and haul my ATV. Always wanted a diesel and I love the Bullnose trucks. Found this one in my price range and as far as I can tell doesn't need much.

Looking forward to the great resources and folks on this site.

Here's what I know so far:
6.9L 225,000 ish miles
C6 auto trans
Dana 50 TTB front 10.25 full float rear (3.55 LSD)
Dump Bed
4" lift? (might be 6")
Warn hubs
35" MTs on 18" wheels
4" straight pipe
HID Headlights

It's obvious that the interior has been re-done (seat and door panels), and re-painted at some point. The doors need to be aligned, passenger side hits the fender so much you can't open it and drivers side hits slightly. I've got an old Warn winch bumper for it that I picked up from the JY, but I need to have a some work done to make it a little more beefy.

Needs:
-F&R brakes. I just ordered a disc conversion from Ruff Stuff, I've never been a big fan of dealing with drums. New calipers and pads up front as well.
-Found several broken studs on the rear so I'll be replacing all of those as well.
-Rear tank needs to be cleaned out (algae?) and reconnected.

Aesthetically, I like the truck and I wouldn't change a thing. I really like the dump bed, probably won't get much use out of it but you never know. Mechanically seems to be fine in the 40 miles that I drove it home.

You must be registered for see images attach
, on Flickr

, on Flickr

, on Flickr

, on Flickr

, on Flickr

, on Flickr

, on Flickr

Last edited:

joe_diesel

Reaction score
Looks great!

I’ve been a diesel fan for as long as I can remember & have owned a few thru the years. You’ll be hooked if you’re not already.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online