Champion Glow Plugs

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well gee.... I see several bidders on Ebay for a set of Champion glow plugs.... I really feel sorry these bidders don't know about this site. Maybe after they install them and have some "problems" they will find us. I hope it wont be to late. We need to keep these easy to work on mechanical beasts running out there. I don't care for the new stuff other than the body style and disc brakes on the back.... :angel:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On that note I know that beru GP's are the best but has anybody used bosch? I have put hundreds in vw's and have a new set for my 7.3. Whattyall think about that? :confused:

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i orignaly bought bosch when i replaced my glow plugs for the first time. that was before i put in beru. i didn't have them in long but i think they burned out. on a side note, i've always had hard starting problems and am still trying to fix them, i'm replacing the gp controler with gps next.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
typ4 said:
On that note I know that beru GP's are the best but has anybody used bosch? I have put hundreds in vw's and have a new set for my 7.3. Whattyall think about that? :confused:

I work primarily on European cars, mostly diesels and have always found the Bosch to work best, Ive even had Berus swell and break, never a Bosch.

That said, I bought bosch for my truck when I first got it.....They lasted about 3 weeks and about half burned out then hard starting getting harder every time for a couple more months. Suprisingly the Bosch plugs for this engine are not the new style Duraterm plugs that they make for most other applications, and they are made in Japan as opposed to most bosch plugs that are made in Germany or France.
I have a set of Berus out there ready to go in right now, and am investigating those "constant Duty" type, although I'm trying to find a cheaper way around that.
Live and learn

---------Robert

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I had Champions on my truck for about 1 1/2 years with no problems, no hard start nothing. Then I got beru's and everything is still good. When We replaced the CH Mel look at them and they didn't look all that bad, maybe I was lucky.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up until last year I've used nothing but Champs...never one problem except the occasional dead plug.
Now using Beru's...but > my truck actually started better with the Champs!

Last edited:

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
I've found it's best to go with what the factory used.

The shop I used to work at was a "Bosch service center". Bosch wanted us to put their parts in everything, what a nightmare. (resisting my Bosch rant)

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I think the champs would get hotter faster, but that's why they would blow up too....

Just burn the beru's longer and it'll start just the same as with the champions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online