Carter P4070 Electric fuel pump failures.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have it waiting to be installed. It wasn't too badly priced. Admittedly it is a Glow Shift. I'm only looking for consistent readings.
I have no doubt you're more familiar with this sort of thing than I am. I have this saved in my wish list, it's not expensive at all. I won't know whether it's actually made in America, however,
You must be registered for see images attach
until it shows up at the door.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I have no doubt you're more familiar with this sort of thing than I am. I have this saved in my wish list, it's not expensive at all. I won't know whether it's actually made in America, however, until it shows up at the door.

Not very safe to have in the cab. And having it under the hood won't help much to watch fuel pressure when driving.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not very safe to have in the cab.
It did cross my mind that if there were a leak at the gauge my little Christmas tree air freshener would be hard pressed to win that battle. I'm laboring under the delusion that since diesel is combustible and not flammable I shouldn't go up in a fiery inferno... famous last words.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did cross my mind that if there were a leak at the gauge my little Christmas tree air freshener would be hard pressed to win that battle. I'm laboring under the delusion that since diesel is combustible and not flammable I shouldn't go up in a fiery inferno... famous last words.
That's true, diesel would most like make a mess just like a mechanical oil pressure gauge would. Gasoline would definitely be more exciting, more of a mess.

Is anything not made in China anymore?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Go electric for a gauge. Buy once, cry once. They do seem to last. And they can really narrow down an issue on the side of the road, or give you some heads up to an upcoming problem. I use Autometer usually for fuel psi gauges.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe glowshift makes a 0-15 psi electric fuel gauge for about $125. That’s the cheapest I was able to find. I do plan on adding one of these eventually.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that glow shift one, I especially like the Hewitt one, but they don't provide enough info on that link though for me to want to commit. I presume glow shift is Chinese.