Carter P4070 Electric fuel pump failures.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah hewitt's site sucks. Their sales team on the phone is top notch though. Any questions give them a call.

They make aircraft gauges too fwiw, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I though anything that was used on a plane had to be certified by the faa. I don't think they'd certify junk. I'd rank them up there with isspro or autometer.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah hewitt's site sucks. Their sales team on the phone is top notch though. Any questions give them a call.

They make aircraft gauges too fwiw, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I though anything that was used on a plane had to be certified by the faa. I don't think they'd certify junk. I'd rank them up there with isspro or autometer.
If it’s certified by the FAA, there ain’t much better out there. But your wallet will hurt.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Now you're talking. I'll have to give a call then, thanks. :thumbsup:

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I found this listing for $35 shipped in the US, same gauge kit as that one that I linked earlier in this thread that was $53 and shipping from China. It's $64 on Amazon. LOL

I ordered one and a tee for it. The tee comes with a plug, useful in the event the sender goes bad/leaks and has to be removed. It's available in red and blue too, but I went with good ol silver.

You must be registered for see images attach

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great find cubey! I wish that gauge had a needle so it matched my other aftermarket gauges a little better, but the price on this one is hard to beat. Let us know what you think, if it seems to work for you I’ll be ordering one as well!

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Great find cubey! I wish that gauge had a needle so it matched my other aftermarket gauges a little better, but the price on this one is hard to beat. Let us know what you think, if it seems to work for you I’ll be ordering one as well!

Says almost sold out... might have to jump at it for the price. Sometimes very cheap gauges are good enough. I have a 52mm $15 tach in the bug and it seems close enough for my needs.

I will stick it on the old custom made pod on top of the middle of the dash where I don't have to look often, where EGT is right now. I wanted to move EGT to the pillar pod anyway. I just put the new EGT there because that's where the old one was, before I got the pillar pod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online