Can you guys tell me about my new 6.9

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a photo of the trans , when fords switch between owners who knows what’s under the hood,( @IDIBRONCO is rt tho)

7 psi on a first gen banks , non wastegated/no inner cooler sounds right at 3k. It’s a conservative setup , wouldn’t go any higher without head studs or atleast checking your timing and a compression test

Remember your 21.5 to 1 and you have one less head stud per cylinder than a 7.3 idi

If your gonna go up a flat or 2 better make sure your brakes are up to par, also take that 30 lb air filter lid off and see how dirty that filter is....

Good lookin truck and engine bay

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post a photo of the trans , when fords switch between owners who knows what’s under the hood,( @IDIBRONCO is rt tho)

7 psi on a first gen banks , non wastegated/no inner cooler sounds right at 3k. It’s a conservative setup , wouldn’t go any higher without head studs or atleast checking your timing and a compression test

Remember your 21.5 to 1 and you have one less head stud per cylinder than a 7.3 idi

If your gonna go up a flat or 2 better make sure your brakes are up to par, also take that 30 lb air filter lid off and see how dirty that filter is....

Good lookin truck and engine bay

You must be registered for see images attach

Well an intercooler allows you to run more boost, you typically see less boost with an intercooler because of the cooler air charge.

6.9 and 7.3s both have the same amount of head bolts, and they do not have studs from the factory, but it is a common upgrade to increase clamping force on the head gasket. 6.9s use a smaller fastener, and consequently can run less boost than the 7.3s.

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Thewespaul , learn something new every day, I thought they had one less bolt , I knew they were smaller in DiA, but a dogg none the less

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I think ill stick around here this forum is cool

We all think so too. We also try to keep it that way.:Thumbs Up

Of all the forums I'm members of this one is the best!!! Very informative, no bullying, no dumb question, helpful, humorous, tons of tec articles, etc, etc
Just wish I had the hours to look & research....

But mostly as IDIBRONCO said "We also try to keep it that way"!
James

Buffetkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just keep this one going to not clog up the front page. What does yourguys oil pressure sit at? Mine is a tick below normal. Ive read other guys say dont trust them. Im wanting to put a oil pressure gauge in cause i have a third hole for one

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stock oil pressure gauge is literally a dummy gauge, they aren't wired to work "correctly" they basically turn on when you have any oil pressure and off when you don't.

Get a real gauge

Buffetkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Do these have low oil pressure light? And what gauges do people usually buy? I don’t want to cheap one but I don’t want to spend $250 on a little POD gauge

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Don't worry about low pressure, there are 8 cooling jets that act as a constant leak, so it does not get too high. Volume is king in these engines, that is why you need 2 1/2 gallons of oil to fill them up.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
As long as you have 10 PSI for every 1000 RPM that you engine's turning, you're fine. In theory, all you need at governor speed is about 35 PSI. Unless your governor's been turned up.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes. You can buy a quality, aftermarket electric gauge that only has a wire going inside the cab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.