cam swap info

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wasn't where I was going... ^ just noticed a slower board today (being broad here) than the last itme I hung out here.. and I caught a sense of maybe some past animosity (not necessarily directed at Russ. just in general caught Mels name in there as well) on the board in some of the above posts....

[/hijack]

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no offense taken here, I havent had time to chime in due to work, 2 vw engines to do before vacation next week, and 4 turbos I did this weekend for some members. the cam has different duration and timing events that make it a torque cam, I have honestly never measured it, gary did just for a quick comparo and there were beers involved at towcats so what can I say. I bet the lifters are just varnished a bit and when the rockers were torqued down the lifter pistons got stuck, they will free up with some additive I am pretty sure.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blackdog russ is busy finishing everything before vacation and since this about his product he has a few posts here
plus this thread is dying were wait ing on usps to get russ his money so i can get my cam
install it
tune my pump
and blow the smoke

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As has been posted before... Russ is a fine member here. If you looked in Websters under trust you would find a picture of Russ and Mel. Huff said??? Over my years on this site I have found members that stand out with what they will do for others. Those members are here for the long run and will help at the drop of a hat. I only wish I was as helpful. Once in a while some jack@ss comes along and upsets the boards but.... We recover from those petty attacks. Very seldom does a real jerk come along. Those of you new members didn't get involved in the mess so be happy about that. I was deeply involved, so was Russ and Mel... The bottom line is this... Nobody can make you feel bad.. Only you can allow yourself to feel bad. Looking back it was really kinda funny what happened. The bottom line is this... We have a Hall of Shame forum. If you want to do business with someone oe some business look there first.... You will never see Mel or Russ in that forum... I really want to see another forum just the oppsite of the shame forum. A forum that talks about the good that other members do for all of us.... Maybe we already have that here without a forum... I think its called "thankyou"...

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I was saying is the board seems to be slower this time that I have been on in the past, and I thought I saw some vague references to past animosity, not amongst the key players, but amongst things in general, and was wondering if that was the resulting factor in a slow board...

Of the advice I listen to the closest, typ4, Agnem, Towcat, Icanfixall are at the top of my list.

Thats the beauty of a board, 800,000 opinions, some are based in fact, some aren't... and some peoples thought processes line up exactly with yours.. some don't.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thank you Blackdog for the kind works. You put me at kinda a disavantage with the others mentioned. Russ and Mell know much more than I do about these great trucks and motors. I personally try to answer a question and state why I know what will happen. I don't really care much for an answer that tells you.... "thats crap and it wont work"... I want to know the whys something will or will not work. Thats what I try to put in all my answers. I don't find any questions stupid or below my station in life. Sometimes a member doesn't give enough complete information. Then we get lucky with a scattergun aproach answer. Nothing worse than throwing parts and money at a problem. After you have been around for some time you can see answers like.... "Do the simple things first that don't cost anything". I really believe we have more information here ready to help anyone with any problem... You wont find that at any dealership in any state. These motors are the older forgotten motors. The bigger plus here is all our answers are free... Thats a cost anyone can afford....:sly:D

aaron1976

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great exchange on the positive side of things. I appreciate the fact that there are still good people who are really concerned about those around them. That is an attitude that is getting harder and harder to find these days. At least in my part of the world.

I often times am scanning posts from different forums and find some jerk mouthing off to someone on that forum. Some people have no care for anyone or anything other than themselves and what involves them.

Not to say that I have seen that here. I have not as of yet and I hope I don't on Oil Burners. I think the people that own these trucks are mostly a different breed than others.

Thanks for the positive input, I look up to all of you.